2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched Ivan Toney create a half chance for himself and get a shot away - within 5 seconds of a match starting.

Dom hasn’t done that in months.
Ivan Toney uses his strength and movement well - he must be a nuisance to play against. That saying, Brentford have a plan, play good football and feed it forward.

We do none of the above, so while Dom isn't exempt from criticism, I do feel we're not utilising him particularly well hence why we're seeing so little from him.

I'm still baffled why Dom and Maupay haven't been tried as a pair. Dont' get me wrong though, he does need to do more!

Ivan Toney uses his strength and movement well - he must be a nuisance to play against. That saying, Brentford have a plan, play good football and feed it forward.

We do none of the above, so while Dom isn't exempt from criticism, I do feel we're not utilising him particularly well hence why we're seeing so little from him.

I'm still baffled why Dom and Maupay haven't been tried as a pair. Dont' get me wrong though, he does need to do more!
Dom is a very overrated striker, I use the word striker very loosely.

Just watched Ivan Toney create a half chance for himself and get a shot away - within 5 seconds of a match starting.

Dom hasn’t done that in months.

Nketiah putting in a brilliant back to goal centre forward performance here. Only had one major chance but took it, but other than that has made everything stick, strength, first touch, intelligence all absolutely light years ahead of this yard dog. A much, much better player in every area.

Hasn't been able to stay fit for 18 months now. Has scored 1 goal in 11 games this season. I wouldn't recommend holding your breath on the whole Saviour-Lewin thing...
had a good goal disallowed. So 2 in 11 wouldn't be quite so bad considering the shabite he's playing with and coming back from big injuries.

That notwithstanding, I agree with the general thoughts on this, relying on him massively to step up in form and stay fit,.

had a good goal disallowed. So 2 in 11 wouldn't be quite so bad considering the shabite he's playing with and coming back from big injuries.

That notwithstanding, I agree with the general thoughts on this, relying on him massively to step up in form and stay fit,.

It bounced off him from a yard out. With dismal quality out wide, we need strikers that can create a chance themselves, Dom is incapable of that. He’ll only score when it’s on an absolute plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.