2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were a bottom half team with him! Doesn't really matter anyway as its a different team now. Lukaku doesn't look the same player either. I reckon he can still score goals but he seems to have lost the ability to make goals for himself.

A strikers job description is not just to score goals. Anyone can score the goals, you don't get more points for having the striker score them.

I just think that the people saying we desperately need a striker are kind of missing the point, we don't create enough chances for our strikers and our decision making in the final third can be woeful.

Again I am not saying don't buy one, just don't expect it to fix whatever problems we have.

agree with that 100% .. there are a few puzzle pieces missing and creating chances is definitely one that is not spread around enough... We are seriously reliant on 2 blokes and one of them is Left Back.

I think he'll get at least 10, and if he really hits form he could maybe get to 15

I'll be fine with 10 goals and a decent number of assists to be honest. Doesn't matter whose scoring the goals so long as it's going in the onion bag
He's good at pretty much everything apart from sticking the ball in the net. I think he overthinks things when he shoots. He seems to try and place everything.

Hopefully it's being worked on.

Joelinton aged 22(?) £40 'kin million, 11 goals in all comps from 35 starts.
I reckon Dom can do at least as good...for cheaper too
Newcastle signings should be the bar. Just like Bournemouth signing Solanke for stupid money shouldn’t be the bar. Stupidity of other clubs doesn’t make our players any better or worth more on the open market. I like DCL but he’d get nowhere near match day squads much less starting for any clubs who finished above us and that sadly includes Wolves. Jimenez is like a well rounded DCL.

He needs goals. If he can somehow get himself near 15 premier league goals for the season we'd have a player.

Of he could o would gladly eat my words , but that is the problem he has, I can’t see anything in him that suggests he is capable of that. If he was slotting 15 prem goals a year he would be worth 60m . As it stands I would sell him for 15-20

He's good at pretty much everything apart from sticking the ball in the net. I think he overthinks things when he shoots. He seems to try and place everything.

Hopefully it's being worked on.

I don’t think he does try to place it tho, I think he just kicks the ball at the goal. His shots lack power and accuracy . He doesn’t seem to be a clever finisher when 1-1 either he just kind of hits the ball towards goal and hopes

Status
Not open for further replies.