2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

11 in PL. Which isn't bad considering the level of play here from top to bottom. Of course he's no Ronaldo
It's not bad considering his age and size - it's not uncommon for a larger CF to develop a bit later. But honestly, it's not good enough for the CF for Everton Football Club. Simple as that. He can develop being disruptive off the bench. He's decent in the air, he's terrific in applying pressure, he's big, he's fast, but his hold up play, his passing, his finishing are all nowhere near good enough. I believe he will improve, but we as a club have to be a lot better.

Top scorers last season were Aubamayang, Salah and Mane. None of them won the league. Kane always gets goals, they have won nothing, we had a top scorer in Lukaku, won nothing, our best goalscoring season in the past 30 years was with Lineker. Won nothing. France won the world cup without their centre forward scoring a goal (twice actually...)

Goals are goals wherever they come from. Calvert Lewin does score by the way, its not like he never does, just not to the level that you would like, but then again he has only played centrally for us for a few months.

Us finishing 4th was not a different age. There were still 6 teams way ahead of us (probably more) we just had a solid season.

If you rely on one player you are doomed too. Again as I have said countless times I am not against us getting another striker, we need one as we do not have many other options, I just think it needs pointing out over and over again that getting a "goalscorer" is not a quick fix that magically improves us just by being on the pitch, he has to have more to his game.

I said we will never finish where we want playing a striker that doesn’t score and you are Very selective with your examples. You have literally just pointed out that every team above us has one Chelsea aside, salah and mane but didn’t win the league but ignor the fact they won the CL? Also ignoring city have aguero... Kane scores but spurs won nothing again ignoring the fact they were CL finalists and that Kane was injured for a big spell at the end of the season , again ingnoring the fact that Aubameyang and arsenal were Europa league finalists. Liverpool didn’t win the league purely because of one of the greatest teams engkish football has ever seen, their points tally would have won the league in any other year since English football began. We didn’t win the league with lineker but got to cup finals and finished 2nd and were beaten by the RS who had who upfront? We aren’t 3rd as we are and just behind the league leaders , we are 8th with a massive gap to 6th and an even bigger gap to the top.

mentioning ronaldo in a DCL thread, something new everyday

Insane isn’t it ? At 18 you looked at Ronaldo and could see X factor , very raw but absolute insane amounts of potential , Skills , technique, pace, Walked past players , power etc. DCL runs and jumps high and can make the ball bounce off his head and is being mentioned in the same sentence.

Insane isn’t it ? At 18 you looked at Ronaldo and could see X factor , very raw but absolute insane amounts of potential , Skills , technique, pace, Walked past players , power etc. DCL runs and jumps high and can make the ball bounce off his head and is being mentioned in the same sentence.

I meant R9.

It's not bad considering his age and size - it's not uncommon for a larger CF to develop a bit later. But honestly, it's not good enough for the CF for Everton Football Club. Simple as that. He can develop being disruptive off the bench. He's decent in the air, he's terrific in applying pressure, he's big, he's fast, but his hold up play, his passing, his finishing are all nowhere near good enough. I believe he will improve, but we as a club have to be a lot better.
Certainly. DCL needs to be the guy off the bench at 70' to wreak havoc

Status
Not open for further replies.