2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not a fan, not because he's not good at what he does, just because he's terrible at finishing. If he figured out how to knock in 15+ goals a season he'd be pretty close to perfect for us. Problem is, he can't so far.

Did he do anything last season that Naismith, Bent, Strac etc didnt do at the club?

He's a fast and taller Naismith without the poaching instinct thats the reality.

Did he do anything last season that Naismith, Bent, Strac etc didnt do at the club?

He's a fast and taller Naismith without the poaching instinct thats the reality.

Yes he stretched good defenders in a way none of those could.

Unfortunately he just isn't natural in front of goal and doesn't strike the ball as cleanly as you'd like at the top level.

Over the course of a full season you won’t finish where we hope with a striker that doesn’t score . Please don’t bring up bent and finishing 4th , that was a different age and there are now 6 teams that are way ahead of everyone else

Top scorers last season were Aubamayang, Salah and Mane. None of them won the league. Kane always gets goals, they have won nothing, we had a top scorer in Lukaku, won nothing, our best goalscoring season in the past 30 years was with Lineker. Won nothing. France won the world cup without their centre forward scoring a goal (twice actually...)

Goals are goals wherever they come from. Calvert Lewin does score by the way, its not like he never does, just not to the level that you would like, but then again he has only played centrally for us for a few months.

Us finishing 4th was not a different age. There were still 6 teams way ahead of us (probably more) we just had a solid season.

If you rely on one player you are doomed too. Again as I have said countless times I am not against us getting another striker, we need one as we do not have many other options, I just think it needs pointing out over and over again that getting a "goalscorer" is not a quick fix that magically improves us just by being on the pitch, he has to have more to his game.

Seen the vids of him training on his holiday. Hes in serious good nick physically, if he can start well and put a few goals away early doors will do his confidence the world of good. His finishing is his only problem, a big one at that for a striker, but hes got pace, decent on the ball, can be a nuisance, good work ethic. A lot of the stuff we need he has, just the goals missing. I don't know why but I rate him, think he can be a really good prem level striker but at the moment he does need some help up there as it's a lot of weight on his shoulders and we need genuine options, not bambi on ice and baldy no pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.