2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter where you sit on the DCL abilities / potential debate .....bottom line is the start of the season is massive for him. He is obviously going to be part of the lineup in the first third of the season ( even if we actually bring someone in ) .....he absolutely needs to increase his scoring / assists , especially given our first set of fixtures.
Hopefully he can make the jump ..... we need it !

Agree, hopefully he gets a couple goals early and gets confidence in front of goal.

No matter where you sit on the DCL abilities

See the source image

He wasn't missing loads of chances though. We have goals from a number of sources.We had someone who could score and finished in roughly the same position.

It really isn't the quick fix that some people think it is.

Goals from a number of sources ? Is that number of sources 2? As I remeber he was missing chances but let’s assume he wasn’t . Andy cole used to get skit of stick for wafting chances and everyone always said “ he’s getting chances so the goals will come” DCL misses chances to but if by your thinking he isn’t , that should be a major concern. He can’t create his own, he can’t finish the fee he gets and doesn’t have the instinct or knack for being in the right place at the right time

Cracking player. Clearly needs to work on being more prolific and finding ways to influence the game against teams which sits back. But does have plenty of value against the teams who come out and play, and repeatedly in our best players during the period of when we beat the top 6.

Goals from a number of sources ? Is that number of sources 2? As I remeber he was missing chances but let’s assume he wasn’t . Andy cole used to get skit of stick for wafting chances and everyone always said “ he’s getting chances so the goals will come” DCL misses chances to but if by your thinking he isn’t , that should be a major concern. He can’t create his own, he can’t finish the fee he gets and doesn’t have the instinct or knack for being in the right place at the right time

I didn't say he didn't miss any chances.

All I care about is if we win games when he plays the role and generally last season that is what we did. I don't care who scores the goals as long as we score enough of them to win games.

The main problem here is you are seeing things too black and white. I am not saying he is the best striker ever, far from it. All I am saying is he is doing a decent job in the role, he has some ability and getting in a "goalscorer" does not automatically change our fortunes.

I didn't say he didn't miss any chances.

All I care about is if we win games when he plays the role and generally last season that is what we did. I don't care who scores the goals as long as we score enough of them to win games.

The main problem here is you are seeing things too black and white. I am not saying he is the best striker ever, far from it. All I am saying is he is doing a decent job in the role, he has some ability and getting in a "goalscorer" does not automatically change our fortunes.

Over the course of a full season you won’t finish where we hope with a striker that doesn’t score . Please don’t bring up bent and finishing 4th , that was a different age and there are now 6 teams that are way ahead of everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.