2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask a Leicester fan, Claude Puyol was useless and they can’t do any worse. Plus they have a decent team and Rodgers is a capable manager.

We would have finished higher than 8th if we had a striker who could finish. That isn’t a dig at DCL, but for a team that wants to go higher than 8th, you need someone who can score.

On their squad that finished last season, Leicester have signed Ayoze Perez for £30m and a full-back from Luton.

Tielemans was there from Jan. A bit like us adding Gomes.

I love DCL's enthusiasm and fight and there is definitely a player in there for the future but there is just no way can we try and challenge the top 6 with a striker who has scored just 11 goals in 3 years in the premier league. Goals will come for him hopefully but he needs to be given the time to grow and we need a proper goal scorer leading the line no matter how much it costs. God knows they have had enough time to find one and i will be absolutely disgusted if we dont have one before this season starts.

I love DCL's enthusiasm and fight and there is definitely a player in there for the future but there is just no way can we try and challenge the top 6 with a striker who has scored just 11 goals in 3 years in the premier league. Goals will come for him hopefully but he needs to be given the time to grow and we need a proper goal scorer leading the line no matter how much it costs. God knows they have had enough time to find one and i will be absolutely disgusted if we dont have one before this season starts.

Don't you think he has had enough years now for the player to come out.

Don't you think he has had enough years now for the player to come out.

He is only 22 tbf and we didn't do him any favours by putting loads of pressure on him the past couple of years. I personally think he has some good qualities and has it in him to improve but he needs to be allowed to grow and mature and maybe then the goals might come. They might not come either of course but either way, he is not good enough to be leading our front line presently imo.

He is only 22 tbf and we didn't do him any favours by putting loads of pressure on him the past couple of years. I personally think he has some good qualities and has it in him to improve but he needs to be allowed to grow and mature and maybe then the goals might come. They might not come either of course but either way, he is not good enough to be leading our front line presently imo.

I agree there's enough to make it worthwhile keeping hold of him. I think you can see players who are worth investing in - and in DCLs case, it's worth investing because of his hard work, the training he does off season, and he seems to be improving as a team player. He may not have the goalscoring instincts yet, but he could learn on positioning play and improve that too. Definitely worth pairing with an upgrade on Tosun, and then in a year again he'll improve

Wasn't in the team, we played naff.

Brought him into the team, would you look at that we started beating the Top 6.

So it was all because of DCL ? Nothing to do with Bernard coming in and striking up a partnership with Digne? Nothing to do with Walcott being dropped and not missing sitters? Nothing to do with richy and Coleman having a good partnership?

So it was all because of DCL ? Nothing to do with Bernard coming in and striking up a partnership with Digne? Nothing to do with Walcott being dropped and not missing sitters? Nothing to do with richy and Coleman having a good partnership?

If DCL doesn't come in then Richarlison doesn't take Walcott out which doesn't give Coleman a good partner.

Bernard played as LW before DCL came in when Richy was up front.

If DCL doesn't come in then Richarlison doesn't take Walcott out which doesn't give Coleman a good partner.

Bernard played as LW before DCL came in when Richy was up front.

That’s my point, players playing in different or correct positions, now imagine the same team with an actual goal scorer playing up front . Playing DCL enabled that bit to say we okayed better because of him isn’t completely true . Finding strikers that can’t acore but can run isn’t hard, we have had those strikers 90% of the time over the last 25 years

That’s my point, players playing in different or correct positions, now imagine the same team with an actual goal scorer playing up front . Playing DCL enabled that bit to say we okayed better because of him isn’t completely true . Finding strikers that can’t acore but can run isn’t hard, we have had those strikers 90% of the time over the last 25 years

You've literally just agreed with me that him in the team improved us last season.

You've literally just agreed with me that him in the team improved us last season.

He was part of it , but we could Easily find another player to run around . We need to make up a massive gap to get to 6th. Our defence was 4 th best? So this means we need to increase our goals , richy and siggy both scored their fair share, so Bernard and DCL are the only two positions we can expect goals from, DCL will never be that player and should be replaced

He was part of it , but we could Easily find another player to run around . We need to make up a massive gap to get to 6th. Our defence was 4 th best? So this means we need to increase our goals , richy and siggy both scored their fair share, so Bernard and DCL are the only two positions we can expect goals from, DCL will never be that player and should be replaced

Where in my original post did I say I didn't want a new striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.