2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bent...... 271 prem games - 105 goals
Bergkamp.... 315 prem games - 87 goals

It's not fookin difficult lad.... Albert Einstein? More like Albert Steptoe

First rule of stats - establish a comparative basis.

why do you dismiss all other goals? it's absolutely weird!

oh and marcus Bent only scored 40 prem goals all the rest were first division (championship) goals in 215 games

so Bergkamp in the premier league was a 1 in 3.6 striker
Bent a 1 in 5.37

so again... you are chatting utter wham

oh and marcus Bent only scored 40 prem goals all the rest were first division (championship) goals in 215 games

Bent a 1 in 5.37

"DARREN BENT".... ffs lad. Seriously. Just give up on football....

If you have a sample size large enough and is equivalent - you use that.... in this case the Prem..... unless you think DARREN bent played in Holland and Bergkamp played in the championship at some stage.... after all we are in the premier league aren't we?

Any chance of having I.Q tests as part of the vetting process?

I think he'll play DCL on the right today, with Tosun in the middle, because of his lack of trust in Lookman, who will probably get 30 mins late on. I don't think he sees Lookman as a starter, and neither do I.

"DARREN BENT".... ffs lad. Seriously. Just give up on football....

If you have a sample size large enough and is equivalent - you use that.... in this case the Prem..... unless you think DARREN bent played in Holland and Bergkamp played in the championship at some stage.... after all we are in the premier league aren't we?

Any chance of having I.Q tests as part of the vetting process?

apologises. I thought we were talking about Marcus Bent

but why are you so quick to dismiss Bergkamps other goals?

Which has been addressed numerous times in this thread, including in my post that you responded to originally. Working the back line is great, honestly it is, all people are saying is that some players appear to be able to work the back line and get in positions to score, and if he can do that he will be ready to be our main striker.
It's not a case of working the lines and finding the positions to score though is it,it's down to luck a lot of the time,finding yourself in the right position when the ball is delivered and given Richarlison and Sigurdsson tend to go directly for goal in advanced positions he's unlikely to find himself on the end of many through balls.I wasn't a huge fan earlier on in the season and the low of the Milwall game made me doubt he had what it takes to lead our line but for such a young lad he's coming on well.And if we carry on winning with the set up we have....but time will tell if he can become a more rounded striker or just a work horse.

It’s a weird thread when Dennis Bergkamp is being compared to Darren Bent.

Very weird.

Not weird at all...... people criticising Doms goalscoring as being a make or break factor yet here is Darren Bent with a better prem goals to game ratio than bergkamp.

You'd have Bergkamp over Bent all day.... highlighting the fact that a striker can contribute massively to the team outside of goal a which is what Dom does.

Not weird at all...... people criticising Doms goalscoring as being a make or break factor yet here is Darren Bent with a better prem goals to game ratio than bergkamp.

You'd have Bergkamp over Bent all day.... highlighting the fact that a striker can contribute massively to the team outside of goal a which is what Dom does.

Bergkamp was never an out and out striker, he never led the line like DCL and Darren Bent have. So its null and void.

Compare Bent to Henry, Ruud Van De Man, Drogba, Shearer etc etc

Bambi will never elevate to those levels because he lacks the natural born instinct of a top striker, neither does he have the clinical deadlines either; he lacks composure and technique. He’ll break 10-12 goals in a year or so and that’ll be his ceiling, it’s clearly not good enough

Bent a 1 in 5.37

He was talking about Darren bent tbf

Name those players who can physically do what DCL does but score a hatful...

Benzema. Suarez, mandzukic..... struggle for others.

Benzema is actually a good example of a player who sacrificed goals for the good of the team. He provided space and opportunities to ronaldo and kept out better goalscorers like huguian

Don't have to name any one to make a point. It is there for everyone to see. As a striker our main striker he doesn't score enough goals yet. As a main striker his main duty is to score goals and disrupt play. I will leave the decision on a striker up to Brands/Silva as I trust them. I expect DCL to make more chances for himself and take a few of the few chances he finds himself with. Don't think Siggies and ricos goals are all DCL's doing and we should be searching for a player to add to those goals. If DCL leads the line next season then it means we couldn't find the striker and we will all be on here saying DCL might come good next season etc. He might come good but lets not take that chance because if he doesn't we will be crying and moaning on here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.