2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had one in lukaku, i think we finished in 11th place in the table in his last 2 seasons
11th then 7th but we were too over reliant on Lukaku as he was basically our only scorer. We now have Rico and Siggy to add threat to the attack but now they are basically our only scorers. Add a striker to take chances and create his own chances aswell as create chances for others then that will be a very good attack that could put the lesser teams to the sword rather than dropping points.

As I have said lots of times, all he's missing is goals. If he can get a couple more, it will be a great return from him this season.

It’s a weird thread when Dennis Bergkamp is being compared to Darren Bent.

Very weird.

Pedro's head has fallen off, Bernard has dropped the shoulder, beautiful threaded pass of the head to DCL WHO IS ON GOAL, SHOULD SCORE, MUST SCORE, NO! he hesitates, tries a pass back which is underhit, the break is on, NOW BENT TAKES A TOUCH AND BLAAAAAAAMMMMO KAPOW HE'S BETTER THAN BERGKAMP THIS GUY, EVERTON MUST RUE THE DAY THEY STARTED WITH CALVERT-BAMBI UPFRONT

Yeah You are getting there.... a player who is not the striker scoring the goals. Benzema being the man who creates the space and pins the centre halves. ... funny you don't seem to have an issue with the 13 goals that gylfi and richarlison have do far......

Bergkamp was never an out and out striker, he never led the line like DCL and Darren Bent have. So its null and void.

Compare Bent to Henry, Ruud Van De Man, Drogba, Shearer etc etc

Bambi will never elevate to those levels because he lacks the natural born instinct of a top striker, neither does he have the clinical deadlines either; he lacks composure and technique. He’ll break 10-12 goals in a year or so and that’ll be his ceiling, it’s clearly not good enough

You know nothing of the sort mate.... as for calling him bambi- get a grip.

Henry? Yeah really looked like a natural goalscorer when he started didn't he??? Do some research.

Bergkamp never led the line? Well he never played as a midfielder so what are you trying to say now? Bergkamp often played a false 9 and was one of the first to do it.

DCL if you actually watch him is dropping deep as a false 9 and also playing off the shoulder..... but you don't have a fookin clue about the game so it's wasted on you

Don't have to name any one to make a point. It is there for everyone to see. As a striker our main striker he doesn't score enough goals yet. As a main striker his main duty is to score goals and disrupt play. I will leave the decision on a striker up to Brands/Silva as I trust them. I expect DCL to make more chances for himself and take a few of the few chances he finds himself with. Don't think Siggies and ricos goals are all DCL's doing and we should be searching for a player to add to those goals. If DCL leads the line next season then it means we couldn't find the striker and we will all be on here saying DCL might come good next season etc. He might come good but lets not take that chance because if he doesn't we will be crying and moaning on here again.

Is his main duty to score??? How do you know this? Are you Marco Silva?

You know nothing of the sort mate.... as for calling him bambi- get a grip.

Henry? Yeah really looked like a natural goalscorer when he started didn't he??? Do some research.

Bergkamp never led the line? Well he never played as a midfielder so what are you trying to say now? Bergkamp often played a false 9 and was one of the first to do it.

DCL if you actually watch him is dropping deep as a false 9 and also playing off the shoulder..... but you don't have a fookin clue about the game so it's wasted on you

Looool

You literally have no idea; Henry went to Juve and got played on the wing. Went to Arsenal at 22 and started slotting immediately as a centre forward

And cut the bollocks with all this false 9 crap. Bergkamp did not lead the line like the players I’ve listed, including Darren Bent who you are comparing him to

Your argument is absolutely abysmal and laughable. You’ll start comparing Bambis goal scoring record with Paul Ince next

Status
Not open for further replies.