2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely it has alot to do with the service he recieves. Lets face it he is not exactly being given the killer ball? You could have a 20 year old Pele upfront and it would make very little diffence to our scoring tally if the service is ****.

He literally missed two sitters in his last match.

Tosshin would have not smelt those chances a 100 million pound striker or Aguero might -have look at Sterling missed an absolute sitter - then gets two - we don't create enough ok......

So you're saying only a £100m striker is an upgrade on him?

Ive seen some bad Everton strikers in my time .. and DCL is right up there.

Apart from running I can't think of anything else he's good at!

The fookin kip of this thread.... embarrassing.

Plot a graph of this lads development and it's pointing upwards but that's not enough for some supposed fans.....

they want a marquee name to sing so they can go in another thread and say "look at this song I've made up lads.... I know he hasn't played for us yet and only signed after we increased his wages from £150k a week to £200k but he looked boss in the Dutch league..... take this beatles song and change it to this and them that... what dya reckon"

Half the fans needed a slap for their treatment of Stephen Naismith.... rinsed and booed before even given a chance. Showed more bottle, drive and commitment to the shirt plus important goals in big games than the likes of lukaku, yakubu etc.

Cry about lukaku as much as you want.... that lump hasn't improved in his game since he was 20... if anything he's gone worse. This kid is growing and learning and part of learning is having to go through testing times. He's in the midst of his first extended spell as a striker so ffs back the fook off. The transfer window isn't open yet so let the lad play the season out unless you think we should recall niasse or play tosun.

So you're saying only a £100m striker is an upgrade on him?

Ive seen some bad Everton strikers in my time .. and DCL is right up there.

Apart from running I can't think of anything else he's good at!

.....sounds like Mo Farah.

Have you not noticed he’s very good aerially? Have you not noticed he’s powerful enough to worry the best centre backs? He’s ok with his back to goal but that is an area of his game I guarantee will improve. I also guarantee he’ll become even more of a threat in the air.

I’m old and I wouldn’t put DCL in the worst group of strikers we’ve had. I’ve seen some whoppers but I think this lad is ok. He’s currently the best we’ve got, so not sure where that leaves Tosun and Niasse on your ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.