2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll definitely find out won't we because the shirt is currently in his hands and he's probably got until the end of the season to convince everyone he can either a) be the main man or b) good enough to at least be in rotation

One things for sure he is rightly ahead of Tosun now in the pecking order and it's him who needs to be shipped out and replaced first.
What ever he does I can’t see him being our first choice striker next season, but if he still improve he may well have a part to play next season.

So that means Bolasie must be utterly amazing!!!!!!
I did say usually.

middle-finger.png

DCL can have a role. His size and speed make him valuable. He's improving and it's not crazy to think he might become a really good striker eventually. He just turned 22 yesterday and it's not crazy for bigger strikers to develop a bit later than others. But don't think he can be first choice next season.

Vaughan 47 games and 7 goals

DCL 71 games 11 goals.........

Fair point.

However, although I often find myself nodding in agreement with your views ( or sometimes admiring your methods of getting people to nibble on your bait ), I suspect the next two or three seasons will prove you wrong on Calvert-Lewin.

He's very unlikely to be the next Kane / Shearer / Sharp or Vardy, but he's pretty much nailed on to play lots of games at Premier League level before he hangs up his boots.

He seems to be getting on the end of corners and free kicks more than any of our other players this season. He’ll keep chipping in with goals/assists. At the moment he’s probably a 10 goal a season striker. If he can keep improving his hold up play and add a few more goals to his game of the next few seasons then he’ll be a great asset.

Vaughan 47 games and 7 goals

DCL 71 games 11 goals.........
To be fair Vaughan's career was ruined very early on with some horrendous injuries (that one at Bolton still makes me a bit sick thinking about it), he did show a lot of promise early doors

Watching him on me lil telly 10,683 km away (not an exaggeration) he didn't seem to do anything all that fantastic. We need better. Good thing is that he's a tidy player and we'd get a good fee if we decide to let him go.

TBH as bad as we have been, I still think the basis of our squad is quite good, striker is our biggest issue DCL has do ok, but for example Rondon would have been much better at bringing the forward players together. We need the goth striker in and that doesn’t have to be a big big name player, just one that will connect the midfield and forwards better.
IMG_20190318_084500.jpg

He put in an excellent performance today. He continues to grow exponentially with minutes on the pitch.
I am confident he will lead our line next season and firmly believe by this time next year he will have become a top forward who other clubs will envy.
We do need someone to replace Tosun as an option off the bench however.

He's not the most exciting striker we've ever had but can make a difference. Remember when Koeman and Allardyce played him on the wing? lol

He's not the most exciting striker we've ever had but can make a difference. Remember when Koeman and Allardyce played him on the wing? lol

He started the first match of last season at right wing back and got an assist from a glorious cross to Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.