Does our position flatter us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlucky that we have two RBs injured, Godfrey deffo not suited to playing there.

It's never unlucky when you only have 1 decent right back, who had been picking up alot of small injuries since returning from a serious long term injury, and you don't strengthen in that area....this was always gonna be a problem area this season and will continue to be throughout

We have a team game and no squad game.

It's early days and this boss start has probably raiser the enthusiasm a bit too high including my own. These crap players a few months ago are still crap now so play them again and we get the same results and performances.

Get our first team playing and we will pick up far more points than we have done for years. This time next year the squad will be better again and perhaps we don't struggle if we lose the odd player.

Perspective lads , we are at the start of a very exciting journey. Just buzz off our league position a week longer and hope that a win next week keeps us there

I don’t think we’ve looked particularly great in any game yet, which is both a good and a bad thing. It’s a really good sign that we’ve had enough to win games where we’ve looked a bit flaky, which isn’t often the case with Everton, but the flip side is that there’s a good chance your luck runs out when that’s the case, and ours did today. The league position flatters us in that we’re definitely not the best team in the country, but it’s been a hell of a start to the season and they’ve given me plenty to be optimistic about.
Think we've defo looked the better team in every game we've won. The thing is, we've given chances in every game but been more creative and had more firepower than the opposition. The international break definitely took the wind out of our sails as we'd clearly been the form team up until then.

A little bit. Other than the spurs game were we dominated and won every ball, since then we’ve been quite average. Today’s result was coming, but fortunately there’s been so many draws recently that we’re still top of the league. A European place was always the aim and a very good cup run.

Just thinking about our start to the season, have we used up all our luck in the opening fixtures and are we at the start of the decline?

Spurs we caught off guard when they looked sluggish.

We were looking poor and like we'd be in trouble against West Brom and were helped by the sending off.

Very lucky to get a pen against Palace and lucky to escape with a point against Liverpool.

We could easily be sat on 3-5 points and it feels like the result today was coming when we're now on a run of games that we should be picking up decent points on.

I guess time will tell but it just felt a bit predictable today.
Games ebb and flow. We will have bad patches in a game. We have been the best team in the games we won. We weren’t the best team against either Liverpool or Southampton.

Think we've defo looked the better team in every game we've won. The thing is, we've given chances in every game but been more creative and had more firepower than the opposition. The international break definitely took the wind out of our sails as we'd clearly been the form team up until then.
Oh yeah I don’t mean we’ve been lucky to win or anything, just that we probably haven’t quite put 90 minute performances in, and the issues have been visible. The plus side is that if/when we do put the whole thing together someone’s going to get a hiding, the minus is that when we don’t we’re open to being turned over like today.

Just thinking about our start to the season, have we used up all our luck in the opening fixtures and are we at the start of the decline?

Spurs we caught off guard when they looked sluggish.

We were looking poor and like we'd be in trouble against West Brom and were helped by the sending off.

Very lucky to get a pen against Palace and lucky to escape with a point against Liverpool.

We could easily be sat on 3-5 points and it feels like the result today was coming when we're now on a run of games that we should be picking up decent points on.

I guess time will tell but it just felt a bit predictable today.

A very timely thread.

The thing is, the rs are level with us, but if we use the ifs, buts and maybes, we can say, 1) they were gifted a late soft penalty to beat leeds, 2) they were lucky they played Chelsea before any of their new signings were ready. They were also drawing that game until they had a helping hand with the red card which changed the game (must be noted we were beating west brom at the time and they still got back into it. 3)they were lucky we hit the post, in what could have decided the game 4) sheff utd seemed to miss a lot of chances yesterday.

Using if buts and maybes, the same that would have us on 4/5 points, I've stripped them of 7 points. You could make a case like that for every team in the league.

At the end of the day, we've been treated like crap all week in the media and its probably paid its part in a bad performance and a dubious red. When we have so much aimed at us, we don't need our own fans to be belittling what we're achieving here. I'm all for looking at things objectively, and maybe making a case we're a point or two ahead of what we deserve, but i don't believe we're higher in the table than we deserve. We're Evertonians and should be giving our players the rightful pats on the back they've deserved this season, today was nowhere near good enough, but as carlo said, it's football, these things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.