Does our position flatter us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First 11 can mix it with anyone after that we are extremely limited, start taking out a few players and we'll struggle alot more than the teams we want to be up with would with a few injuries or suspensions.

Agree with this...

However we have players aged 29+ in that eleven so we will have lots of injuries & fatigue to contend with...

Our squad is not strong enough & have weaknesses in certain areas...

We need a back up striker urgently...

Time will tell. I do think we deserve to be where we are at the min, but I don’t think we’re destined for top 4 just yet. But I’m not sure even the most deluded of blues thought we would be this season anyway, even with the start we’ve made.

Bit of perspective though, we finished 12th last season and were in the relegation zone for a portion of it. 1 transfer window isn’t going to remedy all of that.

So today aside, which was a bad leggy performance from everyone (international break + derby hangover?), we’ve looked 100% better than last season in the 10 games or whatever it is we’ve played in all comps.

I don’t think it flatters us as you can only beat what’s in front of you. Spurs we would have lost last season, Palace we pretty much stopped their main threat and defended well. West Brom result flattered us I thought. Defensively I do feel if we’d have played against better teams early on we would have been caught out. Liverpool we was very lucky to get a point.

I think we had a great transfer window and couldn’t do everything all in one window but I’m surprised we didn’t get a RB and an alternative striker even on loan. Saying that I still don’t think Allan and Doucoure have fully clicked yet and it may take a few more weeks. We was going to lose at some point just a shame on the performance.

Next week is a big test to see how we bounce back, great teams would forget today and move on so let’s see.

Just thinking about our start to the season, have we used up all our luck in the opening fixtures and are we at the start of the decline?

Spurs we caught off guard when they looked sluggish.

We were looking poor and like we'd be in trouble against West Brom and were helped by the sending off.

Very lucky to get a pen against Palace and lucky to escape with a point against Liverpool.

We could easily be sat on 3-5 points and it feels like the result today was coming when we're now on a run of games that we should be picking up decent points on.

I guess time will tell but it just felt a bit predictable today.
Our league position flatters us but we're there on merit for the games so far. Realistically, outside of the first XI we are still weak (you take out a few of these players and it's still the side that were woeful in parts last season).

We were very poor today, but we won't win them all. Just like we shouldn't get carried away at winning a few, we shouldn't get carried away with the result today.

Can pick the bones out of every game. Not sure why some pick out the spurs game. We bossed the match. For pickfords saves read we could also have easly been 3 nil up.
Played some good stuff but i said at the start of the season for all the signings we still have a mid table defence. 1 clean sheet. We are an improving side with a lot more still to do.
Oh, not playing iwobi makes us better.

Yes, we have the worst keeper in the league and a squad that dies at 11. If we ride our luck with injuries top 4 possible

Still think we're better than Chelsea and United.

Arsenal look solid to be fair. City will be City as will the RS. Spurs are in form but can't defend

We're in with a shot but the same with Leicester and Wolves.

Didn’t fancy us today, but that was disastrous. Chelsea, Wolves levels of bad, thought we’d put that type of performance behind us, even with suspensions/injuries.

Not convinced we’ll finish above them tbh. Few saying Sigurdsson shot going in would have changed the game. Sorry not having it.

Oh and expect plenty more red cards, dodgy decisions. This week’s hysteria deffo got refs triggered.

Still think we're better than Chelsea and United.

Arsenal look solid to be fair. City will be City as will the RS. Spurs are in form but can't defend

We're in with a shot but the same with Leicester and Wolves.
As has been said before. Our first 11 can match anyone’s imho.
But it’s the depth that will probably see us off. You look at the Chelsea and Uniteds bench and they have an array of game changing players most weeks.

We were missing 2 key players today and it showed massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.