Does our position flatter us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, in theory, No, the table says there are 19 teams worse than us.
If we can keep getting at least 1 point per game until we get our injured and suspended back And get our form back who knows

7th it is then
A few lucky wins and you really think we could get top 4. Really. If you look at the wins it was mostly luck. A few good saves by Pickford against Tottenham, a braindead Brighton team (much better then us on the day) a braindead red card (West Brom) and Var (against Liverpool) that got us the 13 points. Southampton was the real Everton I'm afraid.

A few lucky wins and you really think we could get top 4. Really. If you look at the wins it was mostly luck. A few good saves by Pickford against Tottenham, a braindead Brighton team (much better then us on the day) a braindead red card (West Brom) and Var (against Liverpool) that got us the 13 points. Southampton was the real Everton I'm afraid.
Find it mad that you think Brighton were much better than us on the day, despite us being 4-1 up until injury time.

What a sad way to live. When you lose, yeah I knew we suck. I told you!

When we win, we start looking for moments of luck to justify it instead of giving the team credit.

Newsflash, you can do that to every team. You can pick moments that could have swung the game the other way. But we have been winning and doing so consistently. The team deserves credit.

When we win, we start looking for moments of luck to justify it instead of giving the team credit.

Newsflash, you can do that to every team. You can pick moments that could have swung the game the other way. But we have been winning and doing so consistently. The team deserves credit.
Nope you have to take a look at the whole game . The result is not the most important if you want to know the potential of a team. Its easy to understand you know! Man United lost against Crystal Palace but still there potential, only seen in patches, is ten times of that what Everton has. If you have pace , a game plan , something what the french name "un fond de jeu" its only a question of time the results will come. Everton doesnt have a "un fond de jeu". It is only individual performances in certain games that get us results. Missing 2 or 3 players we are f....d.

Last edited:
Just thinking about our start to the season, have we used up all our luck in the opening fixtures and are we at the start of the decline?

Spurs we caught off guard when they looked sluggish.

We were looking poor and like we'd be in trouble against West Brom and were helped by the sending off.

Very lucky to get a pen against Palace and lucky to escape with a point against Liverpool.

We could easily be sat on 3-5 points and it feels like the result today was coming when we're now on a run of games that we should be picking up decent points on.

I guess time will tell but it just felt a bit predictable today.
Not really. Got away with one against the RS but that was only a point. Deserved to win first 4 games.

See where we are after 10 is usually a good pointer.

Nope you have to take a look at the whole game . The result is not the most important if you want to know the potential of a team. Its easy to understand you know!

But the results are what teams are judged on and good teams know how to get results.

We have earned and deserved every point we got and we deserved to lose last night. Every team can go back to what if moments. What if Richy makes that goal vs Liverpool instead of hitting the post or if they call a pk? What if Siggy's shot goes in yesterday instead of hitting the post. What if Robertson got a red card for fouling Allan from behind.

Obviously there are what ifs moments against us as well. But that's sports. Hell, that's how life goes. The what ifs balance each other out and the good teams get results. We have been a good team this season and deserve to be where we are.

Nobody flatters positions better than Everton.

We’re going to do a whole lot of universal flattering the likes you’ve never seen.

People will be yelling no more flattering. We can’t take this much flattering.

You may be right...but who mentioned 4th?
I think the real Everton lies somewhere in between top and southampton

But the results are what teams are judged on and good teams know how to get results.

We have earned and deserved every point we got and we deserved to lose last night. Every team can go back to what if moments. What if Richy makes that goal vs Liverpool instead of hitting the post or if they call a pk? What if Siggy's shot goes in yesterday instead of hitting the post. What if Robertson got a red card for fouling Allan from behind.

Obviously there are what ifs moments against us as well. But that's sports. Hell, that's how life goes. The what ifs balance each other out and the good teams get results. We have been a good team this season and deserve to be where we are.
The result is the most important. Very very true but on the long run results only come if you have a game plan. Tactic is king! You can take out a few players nothing changes. Take Southampton. No player in there who you would say, that one i want in my team. But as an union, they are much much better then there individual potential. Coached and trained to achieve a common goal. That what Klopp does at Liverpool and Hasenhüttel does at Southampton. So far I havent seen it at Everton.

Last edited:
Where was all these ‘our squad is crap, won’t finish top six’ shouts all season till now?

848265F8-22B7-4B2C-A978-E4BCED62C72C.jpeg

I’m sorry about us lad. If you leave and take Sassy with you I’ll understand. I was waiting for this day. @Prevenger17 warned you. But nothing can prepare you for how dark it can get in here.

Adios heaven.

Hola hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.