Does our position flatter us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been utter crap for a long time.

A few good games, and excellent results, at the start of this very strange season is nowhere enough proof that we are actually going to be a top team for the season

And we still have a lot of the average crap getting minutes that were getting minutes before

It's fine getting excited at a great start but I wish people didn't start singing from the rooftops and talking about possibilities of top 4. It's rare teams change from dung to gold with just a couple of signings.

It's the same type of fan that is probably ripping the whole set up to shreds tonight now we have lost a game and played crap

Patience please people

well it’s gold when you don’t have Tom Davies and siggy in the middle of the park. Oh wait and then then there’s JR

Realistically we could’ve easily drawn to Palace and lost to Liverpool if not for some controversial decisions that happened to go our way. We’ve been fortunate with decisions so far.
Where we are after 10-12 games will be a more realistic sample of where we’ll likely finish. Hopefully whatever happened today is out of their system now.

Top certainly flatters us, I mean who wasnt expecting that today?

To be honest if we had gone and got a result today I would of possibly started to think about top 6 but we've shown a few frailties. Our squad quality in terms of depth needs improving.

Top certainly flatters us, I mean who wasnt expecting that today?

To be honest if we had gone and got a result today I would of possibly started to think about top 6 but we've shown a few frailties. Our squad quality in terms of depth needs improving.
Agree ,manager has one proper transfer window, have we improved oh yes .few more windows slowly bringing the right caliber of players in were going to be a force

The frustration is we seem to constantly be architects of our own downfall.

Letting Kean/Walcott go but not bringing a forward in

Bottling games like today

Key players recklessly getting 3 game bans when we already have other players injured

Just seems no matter what we do we conspire to fcuk it up for ourselves.

Obviously 32 games to play and we are still top but we seem to never grab an opportunity by the scruff of the neck and go a good 10+ games without one of these cowardly awful performances.

Thing is though unless you have a good squad you will get injuries and suspensions that hit your form. The drop off is ridiculous we need more time to improve the squad only by next summer can we say we can fully challenge for me. This season we need to aim for the EL places...

Anonymous.......I know he was only joking. Maybe I jumped the gun a little.
And you are right in everything that you have said. The squad needs strengthening in january. And then again next summer.
Not blaming Iwobi and Siggy for everything . But no coincidence that we get beat when they are both played.
I don't know with Everton. A few steps forward........then the inevitable few steps back. Next weekend is now important. No more stupid predictions from me. I'll take a 1-0 win now.... Get points on the board.
Get players fit. Get the suspended players back. And get to January.
Up The Toffees.
Ps.......sorry about my reaction to.that "we will be relegated " comment.
Just a bad day in the office all round.........

No. I think we have done well. Played some cracking stuff at times particularly against Spurs, quick one touch forward passes putting defences on the back burner and players like James and Allan have showed at times they are good signings.

We were very poor today and the quality in depth of the squad is still blatantly lacking however when we have a full strength team we are decent and I see no reason why we can’t push on this season, finish as high as we can in the league and win one of the cups.

I can’t be doing with more false dawns, been too many already and if we can sort the quality in depth out we can be a successful team.

We deservedly remain top, before the season started I expected us to finish around 8th at best, my view has changed and I can realistically see us get inside the top 6. Top 4 I just think will be City, RS, Chelsea and Utd - their stronger squads will ensure that. We'll be scrapping with Spurs and Arsenal for the next three places, if we win one of the cups as well it will be nice progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.