Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Everton lost an 81 year old fan and a true gent last Wednesday evening.

I'm absolutely heartbroken, thankfully the funeral will only take 2 and a bit weeks to happen, could have been much more thanks to covid.

Cherish those you are close to, I've never hugged my Mum so much in all my life and constantly remind her how much I love her.

RIP, Dad.
My condolences as well Tommy. May he RIP.

A shot of my fine single malt in my glass at present in his memory. Regards to you and yours.

I just need somewhere to vent a bit as I don't have anyone else to really unload stuff onto.

My long term relationship has fell apart in front of me, my whole world is just crumbling. I haven't been able to eat a thing all week, I'm literally surviving off fizzy drinks at the moment. I can't sleep for more than 20 minutes and I spend all day in tears.

I've been on Sertroline for a couple of weeks now but it's not having any impact. My mood is still on the floor.

I've told work that I am struggling to complete my tasks because I just cannot concentrate and so I've had to jiggle stuff around to get easier stuff to focus on which is embarrassing for me.

I'm at a complete loss and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
Here for you pal, in the exact same situation. long term girlfriend, dog and house gone and I'm left feeling empty. I've started focusing on my health, I've gave up alcohol for abit (currently on 30 days) to stop myself from hitting the bottle and getting into a more of a mess. Try something like that to focus on, I'm considering joining a gym this week despite having a really bad knee. Filling the free time seems to help but it's the getting home to no1 which is the true pain.

Sorry for your loss Tommy.

Here for you pal, in the exact same situation. long term girlfriend, dog and house gone and I'm left feeling empty. I've started focusing on my health, I've gave up alcohol for abit (currently on 30 days) to stop myself from hitting the bottle and getting into a more of a mess. Try something like that to focus on, I'm considering joining a gym this week despite having a really bad knee. Filling the free time seems to help but it's the getting home to no1 which is the true pain.

Hey Lloyd, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through the same thing but that's amazing laying off the ale for this long. Also considering joining the gym makes it a great couple of steps.

I'm still working from our home, so I'm permanently reminded of my situation whilst I'm on the clock so that's a big struggle for me at the moment, there's no proper escape from it for the time being.

She moved out this morning to go to her friends place. So I've now been left in the [Poor language removed] with the mortgage, the bills and the dogs but we roll with it I suppose.

Also it may come a bit too soon for me emotionally to truly enjoy it but I've arranged a date for this Sunday, so it's giving me something to look forward to and plan at least.

Hey Lloyd, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through the same thing but that's amazing laying off the ale for this long. Also considering joining the gym makes it a great couple of steps.

I'm still working from our home, so I'm permanently reminded of my situation whilst I'm on the clock so that's a big struggle for me at the moment, there's no proper escape from it for the time being.

She moved out this morning to go to her friends place. So I've now been left in the [Poor language removed] with the mortgage, the bills and the dogs but we roll with it I suppose.

Also it may come a bit too soon for me emotionally to truly enjoy it but I've arranged a date for this Sunday, so it's giving me something to look forward to and plan at least.
To be honest I couldn't even face dating yet (apart of me is in denial over it all and hoping it works out but it won't) I wouldn't rush into any thing to be fair, emotions are too high (well for me anyway)

I've started back work this week which is getting me out the house but struggling to concentrate for long and It's near where we lived and I've seen her twice which has left me teary eyed.

Yeh a gym will do you good for sure, I'm yet to join as my knees playing up too much.

Today's been really hard had a proper meltdown for a few hours then I've started texting her which made it worse.

What dog have you got they are brilliant for releasing stress through walks. Im going for walks at the moment but I find them alittle boring without my dog. She's kept 'our' dog which is hard to take as it meant alot to me.

One of my main problems at the moment I'd holding it together, living mwith my parents I'm basically living in my bedroom as I don't want to see me upset, then even at work I'm having to go sit in my van for a while to straighten my head out. I feel for you having to work from home, I'd recommend having a walk on your breaks

I've been struggling for 3 years now mate. I've recently knocked beer on the head as well for a bit.
I tend to go for a walk or a run. I tried the gym but it wasn't for me.
Work has stopped me totally falling apart. I haven't even bothered to book a days holiday in the last 3 years. I do get most weekends off though.
I would be careful about joining the gym until you have rested your knee though.

I just need somewhere to vent a bit as I don't have anyone else to really unload stuff onto.

My long term relationship has fell apart in front of me, my whole world is just crumbling. I haven't been able to eat a thing all week, I'm literally surviving off fizzy drinks at the moment. I can't sleep for more than 20 minutes and I spend all day in tears.

I've been on Sertroline for a couple of weeks now but it's not having any impact. My mood is still on the floor.

I've told work that I am struggling to complete my tasks because I just cannot concentrate and so I've had to jiggle stuff around to get easier stuff to focus on which is embarrassing for me.

I'm at a complete loss and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry to hear mate - give it time things will pick up... is the relationship done for good or is there a way to patch things up?

To be honest I couldn't even face dating yet (apart of me is in denial over it all and hoping it works out but it won't) I wouldn't rush into any thing to be fair, emotions are too high (well for me anyway)

I've started back work this week which is getting me out the house but struggling to concentrate for long and It's near where we lived and I've seen her twice which has left me teary eyed.

Yeh a gym will do you good for sure, I'm yet to join as my knees playing up too much.

Today's been really hard had a proper meltdown for a few hours then I've started texting her which made it worse.

What dog have you got they are brilliant for releasing stress through walks. Im going for walks at the moment but I find them alittle boring without my dog. She's kept 'our' dog which is hard to take as it meant alot to me.

One of my main problems at the moment I'd holding it together, living mwith my parents I'm basically living in my bedroom as I don't want to see me upset, then even at work I'm having to go sit in my van for a while to straighten my head out. I feel for you having to work from home, I'd recommend having a walk on your breaks
You need to block your ex's number mate. It was the best thing I did and also I stopped going on social media so I didn't have to see photographs of her with my daughter.
I would use your parents for support if possible. I'm living in a 6 man bedsit but it is just so noisy all the time. I wouldn't recommend it.

Bloody hell mate your braver than me organising a date. Good on you though for trying to move forward. Even after 3 years I don't fancy dating.
I wish I had kept my house and mortgage though. I hate the fact I had a house / mortgage for 12 years and now I have to start again with nothing.

You need to block your ex's number mate. It was the best thing I did and also I stopped going on social media so I didn't have to see photographs of her with my daughter.
I would use your parents for support if possible. I'm living in a 6 man bedsit but it is just so noisy all the time. I wouldn't recommend it.
I have thought about it and will eventually I do need alot of my belongings back though. I think I need closure also, we had a break then she said it ain't working and that's it basically, haven't spoken face to face and that's the annoying part. The social media thing is weird as we both used very little of it but I seem to be on it all the time now to pass time

Wasn't sure where else to go with this. I'm on a short cruise and my wife has literally just passed away a couple of hours ago in bed alongside me. She's felt poorly last 36 hours but this come straight out of the blue. I feel totally numb.

Watching people perform CPR on a loved one when you know it's too late is despairing. The worst thing I've ever witnessed. She was only 60. The hardest part is going to be telling people and I don't think I'm up to it.

Just been moved to a new cabin but I'm just sitting here crying and bewildered. I'm hoping sharing it with you guys will help in some way

Wasn't sure where else to go with this. I'm on a short cruise and my wife has literally just passed away a couple of hours ago in bed alongside me. She's felt poorly last 36 hours but this come straight out of the blue. I feel totally numb.

Watching people perform CPR on a loved one when you know it's too late is despairing. The worst thing I've ever witnessed. She was only 60. The hardest part is going to be telling people and I don't think I'm up to it.

Just been moved to a new cabin but I'm just sitting here crying and bewildered. I'm hoping sharing it with you guys will help in some way
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds awful. Unimaginable really. You must feel so lonely and scared.

Telling people will be hard but hopefully there will be some friends/family you can speak to that can help.

Wishing the best for you in these coming days.

Try and take care.

There is no pressure to tell people until you are ready. Every single person you tell will understand that.

So sorry to hear mate that must be so hard

giving you strength

x