Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Well done buddy, the worst is over!

I wish. I was in such a rush to get it over with I didn't sign into the work vpn and thus it was sat in my out box for 2 hours. Got a call from my boss proper raging at me for missing a meeting at 0900.

So re-sent, but I've just switched everything off until 1400 when I'll talk to a colleague about maybe keeping a couple of things ticking over and 1500 when I'm back on with the union.

I've still got 3 months notice to work,but I imagine itll pass easier with light at the end of the tunnel.

I had to go to the pharmacy to get all the pills the doctor gave me on Friday. I absolutely didn't forget how to speak Dutch and tell the whole story about the email above in English at a million miles an hour and start crying at the poor woman. Oh no sir. Only an idiot would do that.

I wish. I was in such a rush to get it over with I didn't sign into the work vpn and thus it was sat in my out box for 2 hours. Got a call from my boss proper raging at me for missing a meeting at 0900.

So re-sent, but I've just switched everything off until 1400 when I'll talk to a colleague about maybe keeping a couple of things ticking over and 1500 when I'm back on with the union.

I've still got 3 months notice to work,but I imagine itll pass easier with light at the end of the tunnel.

I had to go to the pharmacy to get all the pills the doctor gave me on Friday. I absolutely didn't forget how to speak Dutch and tell the whole story about the email above in English at a million miles an hour and start crying at the poor woman. Oh no sir. Only an idiot would do that.

It`ll get better once things settle down mate.

At least with having 3 mths notice, you`ve got a bit of time to look for something else ;)

It`ll get better once things settle down mate.

At least with having 3 mths notice, you`ve got a bit of time to look for something else ;)

Two weeks rest is the best part currently. I'm not looking beyond that right now. Its been rubbish not eating and sleeping all the time. My work has been crap too because my head is all over the place and I've been in pain with my stomach. I'm on 4 sets of pills now and that can't be right.

Me going is best for everyone and if I can give them some time to find a replacement and hand everything over then I'll feel less bad about it.

And I would add that in spite of all that... I still feel like I'm swinging the lead.

Two weeks rest is the best part currently. I'm not looking beyond that right now. Its been rubbish not eating and sleeping all the time. My work has been crap too because my head is all over the place and I've been in pain with my stomach. I'm on 4 sets of pills now and that can't be right.

Me going is best for everyone and if I can give them some time to find a replacement and hand everything over then I'll feel less bad about it.

Can`t you go sick, as you`re obviously not fit for work ?

Also you mention the Union.

Tell them what the stress of work is doing to you and they should be able to guide you as to the best course of action.

Can`t you go sick, as you`re obviously not fit for work ?

Also you mention the Union.

Tell them what the stress of work is doing to you and they should be able to guide you as to the best course of action.
I'm off sick now for 2 weeks starting today. Hence the mix up with the email this morning. I gave my notice at the same time and I was completely open about the reasons.

The call with the union this afternoon is mainly about what comes afterwards. Over here, its them who pay your unemployment so I just need to make sure that quitting on my doctors advice (he said on friday he'd attest that my job is bad for me) means I'm still eligible.

I'm off sick now for 2 weeks starting today. Hence the mix up with the email this morning. I gave my notice at the same time and I was completely open about the reasons.

The call with the union this afternoon is mainly about what comes afterwards. Over here, its them who pay your unemployment so I just need to make sure that quitting on my doctors advice (he said on friday he'd attest that my job is bad for me) means I'm still eligible.
Good luck with it mate, hope it all works out ;)

2 weeks is just " procedural ' if your off work with depression. If your still getting paid, fine. People often worry about letting down employers of work colleagues, however, they won't show an inch of compassion or understanding if it costs the Company in any way. Your right, take some time off buddy and try not to " think " too much about anything. It's important to recover in your own pace and when it's the right time, to ask yourself " what happened, what lead to the deterioration in my mental health and how can I be pro active in stopping it happening again ". It's perfectly natural to think about work - after all, it takes up a third of our life - but if you can m8, leave it give yourself time to breathe and be good to yourself. Good recovery buddy.

Thanks. I must say, right up until 8am this morning I was even considering just cracking on and hoping it all worked out. But that's crazy.
It's far from crazy mate because it's something that, from what I've read, really impacted on your life; big decisions always come with a level of trepidation.

But, you've made the right decision and things will improve much sooner than you'll expect. It takes real courage to stand up for yourself - remember that!

It's far from crazy mate because it's something that, from what I've read, really impacted on your life; big decisions always come with a level of trepidation.

But, you've made the right decision and things will improve much sooner than you'll expect. It takes real courage to stand up for yourself - remember that!

Thanks mate, I have to have a conversation with my director tomorrow about what needs to be taken care of the next two weeks. The guy from the union was really good to be fair. Just told me that I don't owe them anything and that I should be looking to protect myself.

I feel ok this evening, but again I was sleeping all afternoon and feeling so sick I was unable to eat until 1600.

So yeah, I'm doing the right thing. It's just going to be a stressful period while I get it over with.