Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I finally feel brave enough to post! Not seen my son for 4 months now. I'm struggling. I live with elderly parents
I never thought id miss my parents to be honest, they come and visit every two - three months (via plane) and havent seen them since january. I miss them not being able to see their grandson to be honest who is almost two… so cant imagine not being not being able to see my son. How old is he Harry? Does he live close or is it a big journey away

Cheers for the advice mate. I too have met a wonderful girl. Her support has been fantastic, But nevertheless it still hurts so much. She is at a loss just like me, why my daughter is so cold to me, when all I’ve done is to be the best dad to her I possibly can.

I'm afraid I don't have any advice but my thoughts are with you. I can't imagine the pain of what you're going through with your daughter. I'm sure she'll come around eventually although I doubt that is any consoliation at the moment.

Take care.

Found out yesterday that I'm jobless at the end of July (already been furloughed since march) Already suffer with anxiety so not a great situation. Just feel like I've let my wife down.

With the economic situation aswell my line of work is warehousing so only rubbish agency jobs are available, just don't know what to think. Sorry to just vent out but this is the only place that I can. Cheers guys.

Found out yesterday that I'm jobless at the end of July (already been furloughed since march) Already suffer with anxiety so not a great situation. Just feel like I've let my wife down.

With the economic situation aswell my line of work is warehousing so only rubbish agency jobs are available, just don't know what to think. Sorry to just vent out but this is the only place that I can. Cheers guys.

Sorry to hear that mate, at least you`ve got 7 weeks or so to try and sort something else out.

Nothing going in the supermarkets, as they seem to be taking people on rather than laying off, plus mail order is booming too ?

We're living through a pandemic that is driving economic and social changes at an insane pace. Don't beat yourself up if you're suffering as a result. Talk to your wife about how you feel, as I'm sure she understands that you have no control over the fallout of Covid and it's impact on your employer.

We're living through a pandemic that is driving economic and social changes at an insane pace. Don't beat yourself up if you're suffering as a result. Talk to your wife about how you feel, as I'm sure she understands that you have no control over the fallout of Covid and it's impact on your employer.
Yeah defiantly. I feel like I've just got to try and plod through the next few months and hopefully the situation will pick up. I know there is people in worse situations than me but this is why I love this forum full of good lads.

But there are jobs available.. what's so rubbish about agency jobs? Perhaps you could try it out to keep ticking over until you find something permanent again.

Samson, this might possibly be a good opportunity for you to think of a different career path. Don't know how old you are but you've said you're an anxious guy anyway. Getting laid off is anxiety provoking but why not try to nullify that chance by working somewhere where getting laid off doesn't happen. Have you thought about the NHS. Care Assistant work, or something that involves caring. ? Never gonna get laid off, 5 weeks paid leave, pension. Just a thought m8. They train you up and it is very rewarding. Gives you that security. Just a thought. You obviously need a bit of " routine " as it gives you reasurence. I would also keep fit and excercise as much as possible. Good evidence base for mental well being. Also think talking to your wife is good idea. She's probably feeling the same and needs a bit of support herself. Get it out in the open and get through it together. One more thing. Have you tried volunteering whilst you look for work ?. There's gonna be a load of people in need of help after this crisis is over. It's good for your self esteem and looks really good on your CV. Hope things turn out for you mate.

Evening all!

Day 28 of my convalescence, and continuing to get back my old self DG.

Some talk that hospital visitors may be allowed soon as CV19 restrictions ease. It has been hard to literally say Hello/Goodbye to my family when they have dropped various things in for me. Receptionists are either right dragons or pleasant- the latter very conscious though of cctv so they try to allow a few minutes snatched chat but risk being reprimanded !

Anyway, anxiety continues to stay away. I am clear that I will not return to the toxicity of the manager who is responsible for eventually breaking me after more than 3 years of bullying and harassment.

I speak to Head of HR again Monday to see if they have another position at same level to offer. If not, I will probably retire early on health grounds. That won't present any problems to me, if that is the option.

Eating and sleeping really well, helping newcomers to adjust as best I can, I have submitted my 8000 word Integrative Project and Exam answers for the last two modules of my 4 year degree, and planning going on for an M.A. in Autumn.

Thanks for all the suppo from the GOT family. I am proudly wearing EFC jersies and t shirts around the place. A couple of RS and one Red Manc.

Probably two more weeks and back home DV.

COYB!!!

Evening all!

Some talk that hospital visitors may be allowed soon as CV19 restrictions ease. It has been hard to literally say Hello/Goodbye to my family when they have dropped various things in for me. Receptionists are either right dragons or pleasant- the latter very conscious though of cctv so they try to allow a few minutes snatched chat but risk being reprimanded !

Anyway, anxiety continues to stay away. I am clear that I will not return to the toxicity of the manager who is responsible for eventually breaking me after more than 3 years of bullying and harassment.

I speak to Head of HR again Monday to see if they have another position at same level to offer. If not, I will probably retire early on health grounds. That won't present any problems to me, if that is the option.

Eating and sleeping really well, helping newcomers to adjust as best I can, I have submitted my 8000 word Integrative Project and Exam answers for the last two modules of my 4 year degree, and planning going on for an M.A. in Autumn.

Thanks for all the suppo from the GOT family. I am proudly wearing EFC jersies and t shirts around the place. A couple of RS and one Red Manc.

COYB!!!

Fantastic stuff mate, you sound so much more positive now.

Keep posting, as it`s always good to hear the positive stuff too, as it helps show that there is light at the end of the tunnel ;)

I do it on holiday but not in the UK. That is one of the things that people often mention that I haven’t actually tried. I will give it a go, but who knows when we will next the opportunity for that type of thing with Covid etc?

Thanks for your help!
Mate, when you can give it a whirl? I fell off a roof years ago and landed on my feet. Everybody said how lucky I was but it absolutely ruined my back. So I spent years drugged off my tits to deal with the pain then a mate of mine asked if I would go to the baths With him as he had never learned to swim and felt A prat turning up to a beginners class at his age. I went along And after the third or fourth visit, I started feeling the difference. I was later told it was to do with the low resistance element of it. It allows the back muscles (which are all in spasm trying to prevent the pain) to relax. Whatever the reason, I became a regular swimmer (3 times a week) even though my nearest pool is about half an hour away.

Evening all!

COYB!!!
That is such good news to hear. So pleased you are feeling better

Mate, when you can give it a whirl? I fell off a roof years ago and landed on my feet. Everybody said how lucky I was but it absolutely ruined my back. So I spent years drugged off my tits to deal with the pain then a mate of mine asked if I would go to the baths With him as he had never learned to swim and felt A prat turning up to a beginners class at his age. I went along And after the third or fourth visit, I started feeling the difference. I was later told it was to do with the low resistance element of it. It allows the back muscles (which are all in spasm trying to prevent the pain) to relax. Whatever the reason, I became a regular swimmer (3 times a week) even though my nearest pool is about half an hour away.

Thanks mate.

It certainly sounds like it has been beneficial for you! Would you say it has alleviated or eradicated your pain, though? Do you still have the need to use some pain killing medication?