Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Spotty

Player Valuation: £225k
Cheers for the advice mate. I too have met a wonderful girl. Her support has been fantastic, But nevertheless it still hurts so much. She is at a loss just like me, why my daughter is so cold to me, when all I’ve done is to be the best dad to her I possibly can.
All you can do is be there for her. Kids go through phases and she may inadvertently lay the blame for her parents separating on you. Your ex has a lot of responsibility in that she needs to tell your daughter you're a good dad and you still love her. As you know you can't " force " loved ones to love you however, all you can do ax far as I can see is to get the message to her you love her and are there for you. We all know it's not / shouldn't be about lavishing material things on you're kids to " demonstrate " you love them. I have just spent 10 years of my life as a psychy nurse on a CAMHS unit and heard so many parents saying " she has everything " or " he wants for nothing ". If is NOT what you can provide materially to s child but emotionally. Keep telling your kids you love them, will there for them regardless and that is all you can do BUT it should be enough. Good luck and hope you find some peace of mind.

anjelikaferrett

Cats beer and Springsteen
Cheers for the advice mate. I too have met a wonderful girl. Her support has been fantastic, But nevertheless it still hurts so much. She is at a loss just like me, why my daughter is so cold to me, when all I’ve done is to be the best dad to her I possibly can.
A friend of mine from London was married and had two sons. He is gay. His marriage ended when he was caught by his wife "entertaining at home" as he puts it. His sons stopped speaking to him, he moved up North for work and stayed here. He has been in a relationship with one of my closest friends for about 20 years now. That's how I met him. His sons didn't speak to him for a very long time until they grew up. They both met girls, got married and had kids. Once they had kids they mad contact with their Dad, they wanted the kids to meet their Grandad and I think both sons, with a bit of gentle persuasion from their wives, realised that life is actually too short. He now has a nice relationship with both sons and adores his six grandchildren. I think what I'm trying to say is don't give up hope. It might take a while but hang in there.

dave n

Player Valuation: £750k
Cheers mate I do tell her I love her, but get nothing back. Didn’t even get a hug or kiss on Father’s Day. Yet she’s always telling her mum she loves her as I hear her on the phone.
I didn't even get a birthday card off my daughter mate. It destroys you.
I tell my daughter on a regular basis I love her. and I get nothing back but I'll never give up as long as I'm alive .
People keep telling me it gets better but if anything it's getting worse. I'm taking the blame for my wife's affair and other stuff like debts and on one occasion a black eye. The fact it was a one off assault means it's ok in my daughter's eyes.
The lack of support for men is scary. This must cause massive issues later.

rochdaleblue

Player Valuation: £60m
I didn't even get a birthday card off my daughter mate. It destroys you.
I tell my daughter on a regular basis I love her. and I get nothing back but I'll never give up as long as I'm alive .
People keep telling me it gets better but if anything it's getting worse. I'm taking the blame for my wife's affair and other stuff like debts and on one occasion a black eye. The fact it was a one off assault means it's ok in my daughter's eyes.
The lack of support for men is scary. This must cause massive issues later.
Had a scan on my back last year. I was due to have the kids but told them the reason I couldn’t have them. My son whose 9 asked me right away how it went, my daughter 15........7 hours later via a text after being told by her mum to do so. Genuinely think she doesn’t care what happens to me, treated like a stranger when I see her.

NeilA1878

Player Valuation: £500k
I finally feel brave enough to post! Not seen my son for 4 months now. I'm struggling. I live with elderly parents
I never thought id miss my parents to be honest, they come and visit every two - three months (via plane) and havent seen them since january. I miss them not being able to see their grandson to be honest who is almost two… so cant imagine not being not being able to see my son. How old is he Harry? Does he live close or is it a big journey away

efcforever

Player Valuation: £10m
I'm afraid I don't have any advice but my thoughts are with you. I can't imagine the pain of what you're going through with your daughter. I'm sure she'll come around eventually although I doubt that is any consoliation at the moment.

Take care.

samsonthedog1

Player Valuation: £1.5m
Found out yesterday that I'm jobless at the end of July (already been furloughed since march) Already suffer with anxiety so not a great situation. Just feel like I've let my wife down.

With the economic situation aswell my line of work is warehousing so only rubbish agency jobs are available, just don't know what to think. Sorry to just vent out but this is the only place that I can. Cheers guys.

COYBL25

Official GOT Joey Speak Interpreter.
Found out yesterday that I'm jobless at the end of July (already been furloughed since march) Already suffer with anxiety so not a great situation. Just feel like I've let my wife down.

With the economic situation aswell my line of work is warehousing so only rubbish agency jobs are available, just don't know what to think. Sorry to just vent out but this is the only place that I can. Cheers guys.
Sorry to hear that mate, at least you`ve got 7 weeks or so to try and sort something else out.

Nothing going in the supermarkets, as they seem to be taking people on rather than laying off, plus mail order is booming too ?

Disgruntledgoat

Player Valuation: £70m

We're living through a pandemic that is driving economic and social changes at an insane pace. Don't beat yourself up if you're suffering as a result. Talk to your wife about how you feel, as I'm sure she understands that you have no control over the fallout of Covid and it's impact on your employer.

samsonthedog1

Player Valuation: £1.5m
We're living through a pandemic that is driving economic and social changes at an insane pace. Don't beat yourself up if you're suffering as a result. Talk to your wife about how you feel, as I'm sure she understands that you have no control over the fallout of Covid and it's impact on your employer.
Yeah defiantly. I feel like I've just got to try and plod through the next few months and hopefully the situation will pick up. I know there is people in worse situations than me but this is why I love this forum full of good lads.

Tipp blue

Player Valuation: £25m

But there are jobs available.. what's so rubbish about agency jobs? Perhaps you could try it out to keep ticking over until you find something permanent again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks