Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Where can I get help for someone who's an alcoholic and on the lemo.? Basically on a diet of Vitamin D?

Everywhere he turn's it's depression?

GP wants to put him on Sertraline. Side effects are a no.

Sertraline not the only antidepressant so that’s no excuse not to go to see GP. In any event, doesn’t matter which antidepressants and how much of it is chucked down his neck the alcohol will nullify any positive effects. The alcohol issue needs sorting. The GP will signpost him to hopefully good local services for help.

Did search insomnia but remembered there's this thread,

anyone else have problems sleeping? i'm diagnosed with adhd .. some people
say that's BS anyway but point is my mind 20000 mph none stop tried everything.
The minute i lay down to sleep it's the same and I get bored within one minute and wake up,
3rd day no sleep now it's ridiculous, most sleeping meds have bad side effects
finally found ones that worked without the metallic taste/waking up mid night raiding fridge
got sleeping right in gear took hole month worth [zolpidem]

dr then all a sudden stops prescribing and says there addictive only short term.
I'm now back to square one.. not sleeping for days on end? even if there addictive rather sleep
head goes mental few days without don't know what my point is but frustrating he then prescribes
diazepam that's a muscle relaxent and dosent help sleep also take melatonin dosent work.

tried meditation, herbel things etc nothing works, sorry about the para just frustarted af
heads done in. my grammar prob sucks to cant even read letters that tired fs

sorry if seem an attention seeking and going on like ..I didn't half go on, honestly can't do much else
though just stuck in bed and can't kip so thought would rant about it and see if any ways to improve.

diagnosed myself with this hypomaniac thing tonight never even heard of it
till lurking on google today, sounds allright though fit's perfect .. sake

Last edited:

The minute i lay down to sleep it's the same and I get bored within one minute and wake up,
finally found ones that worked without the metallic taste/waking up mid night raiding fridge

dr then all a sudden stops prescribing and says there addictive only short term.
I'm now back to square one.. not sleeping for days on end? even if there addictive rather sleep
head goes mental few days without don't know what my point is but frustrating he then prescribes
diazepam that's a muscle relaxent and dosent help sleep also take melatonin dosent work.

tried meditation, herbel things etc nothing works, sorry about the para just frustarted af
I've had it when having bad anxiety and started sleeping again when I've got through the anxiety, the racing mind doesn't rest even when i got to sleep. Would wake up an hour later knowing there was no chance I'd get back to sleep.

GP gave me temazepan and they did nothing.

Have you got anxiety during the day?

sorry if seem an attention seeking and going on like ..I didn't half go on, honestly can't do much else
though just stuck in bed and can't kip so thought would rant about it and see if any ways to improve.

Simple solution that works for me (albeit not addressing the root cause) is those white noise tapes on YouTube. Ocean noises, forest sounds etc.

Within 5 minutes of giving my brain something else to concentrate on I can feel the difference and then I'm asleep not long after.

I think @COYBL25 has had issues sleeping as well.

Hope you don't mind me tagging you mate. Seems this might be your area?