Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

COYBL25

Official GOT Joey Speak Interpreter.
Where can I get help for someone who's an alcoholic and on the lemo.? Basically on a diet of Vitamin D?

Everywhere he turn's it's depression?
You`re GP would be a good starting point and then Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous.

There`s loads of government sponsored helplines too.

The Missing Lineker

Player Valuation: £950k
GP wants to put him on Sertraline. Side effects are a no.
Sertraline not the only antidepressant so that’s no excuse not to go to see GP. In any event, doesn’t matter which antidepressants and how much of it is chucked down his neck the alcohol will nullify any positive effects. The alcohol issue needs sorting. The GP will signpost him to hopefully good local services for help.

COYB

Player Valuation: £35m
Did search insomnia but remembered there's this thread,

anyone else have problems sleeping? i'm diagnosed with adhd .. some people
say that's BS anyway but point is my mind 20000 mph none stop tried everything.
The minute i lay down to sleep it's the same and I get bored within one minute and wake up,
3rd day no sleep now it's ridiculous, most sleeping meds have bad side effects
finally found ones that worked without the metallic taste/waking up mid night raiding fridge
got sleeping right in gear took hole month worth [zolpidem]

dr then all a sudden stops prescribing and says there addictive only short term.
I'm now back to square one.. not sleeping for days on end? even if there addictive rather sleep
head goes mental few days without don't know what my point is but frustrating he then prescribes
diazepam that's a muscle relaxent and dosent help sleep also take melatonin dosent work.

tried meditation, herbel things etc nothing works, sorry about the para just frustarted af
heads done in. my grammar prob sucks to cant even read letters that tired fs

sorry if seem an attention seeking and going on like ..I didn't half go on, honestly can't do much else
though just stuck in bed and can't kip so thought would rant about it and see if any ways to improve.

diagnosed myself with this hypomaniac thing tonight never even heard of it
till lurking on google today, sounds allright though fit's perfect .. sake

Last edited:

cronullasharks

The minute i lay down to sleep it's the same and I get bored within one minute and wake up,
finally found ones that worked without the metallic taste/waking up mid night raiding fridge

dr then all a sudden stops prescribing and says there addictive only short term.
I'm now back to square one.. not sleeping for days on end? even if there addictive rather sleep
head goes mental few days without don't know what my point is but frustrating he then prescribes
diazepam that's a muscle relaxent and dosent help sleep also take melatonin dosent work.

tried meditation, herbel things etc nothing works, sorry about the para just frustarted af
I've had it when having bad anxiety and started sleeping again when I've got through the anxiety, the racing mind doesn't rest even when i got to sleep. Would wake up an hour later knowing there was no chance I'd get back to sleep.

GP gave me temazepan and they did nothing.

Have you got anxiety during the day?

Disgruntledgoat

Player Valuation: £50m

sorry if seem an attention seeking and going on like ..I didn't half go on, honestly can't do much else
though just stuck in bed and can't kip so thought would rant about it and see if any ways to improve.

Simple solution that works for me (albeit not addressing the root cause) is those white noise tapes on YouTube. Ocean noises, forest sounds etc.

Within 5 minutes of giving my brain something else to concentrate on I can feel the difference and then I'm asleep not long after.

efcforever

Player Valuation: £10m

I think @COYBL25 has had issues sleeping as well.

Hope you don't mind me tagging you mate. Seems this might be your area?

COYB

Simple solution that works for me (albeit not addressing the root cause) is those white noise tapes on YouTube. Ocean noises, forest sounds etc.

Within 5 minutes of giving my brain something else to concentrate on I can feel the difference and then I'm asleep not long after.
Thanks also ;) have tried a lot of meditation but still mind don't seem to switch off
but ill give it a go again I guess.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this song aint half deep like but speaks sense especially
after 2-3 days plus no sleep, head goes west.
saves making s new post so adding on to this
sounds all emo at first actually decent when gets in to it.
think a lot of people will mental illnesses will connect to this.

COYB

@COYBL25 you have sleeping issues also mate?
you are just me but lucky to not live in Bootle … haha [curious where's L25?
could of just googled fs, Netherly im thinking? stepdads from there everyone
seems to know eacother down them ways.

COYBL25

Thanks also ;) have tried a lot of meditation but still mind don't seem to switch off
but ill give it a go again I guess.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this song aint half deep like but speaks sense especially
after 2-3 days plus no sleep, head goes west.
saves making s new post so adding on to this
sounds all emo at first actually decent when gets in to it.
think a lot of people will mental illnesses will connect to this.
I haven’t slept properly for getting on for 15 yrs mate, but I’ve learnt to manage it.

Quality sleep mask - tricks the brain into thinking it’s still night.

No caffeine inc tea after 4pm

Room sleep proofed - black blinds, no electrical gear switched on.

Cut right down on the ale.

And the biggest one every day is exercise - helps me stay on top of everything.

COYBL25

@COYBL25 you have sleeping issues also mate?
you are just me but lucky to not live in Bootle … haha [curious where's L25?
could of just googled fs, Netherly im thinking? stepdads from there everyone
seems to know eacother down them ways.
Wash yer mouth out, I’m in Woolton.

Our gate keepers wouldn’t allow Netherleyites in. Shoot on sight policy lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks