Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Thank you Roydo. My life seems totally bleak. The fact that strangers talk to me and people on the street came over to check on me does make me feel a lot less worthless.

I'd love to be able to offer a hand or a hug to someone in a dark way.

Start tomorrow. (Or whenever, it matters not) Write that list of trivial nothings. Dont tell anyone, like a diary. Maybe add a comment how it made you feel. Pretty much like your post.

Then keep them. Read them back. Smile, grimace, ( some will look or sound dead cringy), but over a short period of time, some validation of yourself will become apparent. And it will surprise you.

In time. Focus on getting there by improving yourself.
Thanks mate
Start tomorrow. (Or whenever, it matters not) Write that list of trivial nothings. Dont tell anyone, like a diary. Maybe add a comment how it made you feel. Pretty much like your post.

Then keep them. Read them back. Smile, grimace, ( some will look or sound dead cringy), but over a short period of time, some validation of yourself will become apparent. And it will surprise you.
trivial things like what? I can make lists of plenty of things but yeah, I guess your advice to start small is a good idea mate :)

Same. Don’t wanna overwhelm you with *internet weirdos offering to help, but a written chat is often a welcome way to get your head clear.

*Do not exchange messages with @Bungle

I’ll have you know that
Thank you Roydo. My life seems totally bleak. The fact that strangers talk to me and people on the street came over to check on me does make me feel a lot less worthless.

I'd love to be able to offer a hand or a hug to someone in a dark way.

Have you got a dog ?

Pets, especially dogs are wonderful company. They don`t judge you and love you unconditionally. Plus they need a walk every day and whether you like it or not that means leaving your house at least once a day. Other dog owners will invariably talk to you , even if it`s just to say " good morning ", which means you`re on the way to being back in the land of the living.

I don`t know what I would`ve done without my dog when I was really bad mate.

Thanks mate
trivial things like what? I can make lists of plenty of things but yeah, I guess your advice to start small is a good idea mate :)

Just stuff. A casual natter in the garage, some stranger saying Hi. A walk, a phone call to your daughter, paying a bill.

I’ll have you know that

Have you got a dog ?

Pets, especially dogs are wonderful company. They don`t judge you and love you unconditionally. Plus they need a walk every day and whether you like it or not that means leaving your house at least once a day. Other dog owners will invariably talk to you , even if it`s just to say " good morning ", which means you`re on the way to being back in the land of the living.

I don`t know what I would`ve done without my dog when I was really bad mate.
We do, Scully, our little dog. She is staying here with my ex though. But I get your point. She is a pain in the arse but gives lovely cuddles.
Just stuff. A casual natter in the garage, some stranger saying Hi. A walk, a phone call to your daughter, paying a bill.
Thanks mate

I went for a little walk today just for some fresh air. I sat down for a while and I had a man and woman come over and ask me if I was ok. Asked if I wanted to come in for a cup of tea. I declined as I would just be crying.

A while later another man came over and asked me if I needed to talk. He shook my hand and told me not to do anything silly (which I won't)

I must have looked a state with my body language but it was nice that there are people who care.

I know I have many hard day's and dark nights ahead of me. I'm glad I have people here to talk to. I will be talking a lot as I do wear my heart on my sleeve.

When things are a lot better for me I want to help people. Things really do seem too hard and when you're down you can't see a way out.

I hope I'm out of it enough one day to help. I do care too.

I think I will look into counselling. Even if I just read up on it all. It may help.

Good that you managed to get out for a walk. Keep going my friend we're all here to help. Keep posting.

I've not posted on this thread before but I saw this clip on the BBC about someone who has benefited from the EiTC mental health schemes and has gone on to set up a football therapy group in Liverpool. I thought it may be of interest to people on this thread.

I find the work of EiTC to be so impressive, with the club reaching out across the community regardless of which teams people support.