Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

My missus just doesn't seem bothered at all. It's not helping. She actually seems happy. Don't know what I'm expecting but you know....

My missus just doesn't seem bothered at all. It's not helping. She actually seems happy. Don't know what I'm expecting but you know....
If you where as bad as you say you where maybe she is happy?

Harsh but could be the reality of the situation, if the shoe was on other foot im sure you would get a new lease of life if someone left you who by there own admission fcked up

If you where as bad as you say you where maybe she is happy?

Harsh but could be the reality of the situation, if the shoe was on other foot im sure you would get a new lease of life if someone left you who by there own admission fcked up
It wasn't all bad. Tons of love and good times between us, even as recently as a fortnight ago. But I know what you're saying. :)

@MrD I wish you all the best mate.

May I humbly offer some advice, from someone who has made a lot of mistakes and taken a lot of wrong turns. Try as much as you can to establish a regular routine every day. Get up at the same time in the mornings, and if it is only odd jobs or small things that have to be done around the house, do them.

If you can also take regular physical exercise, ideally something you can enjoy, that will also make you feel better and give you a sense of achievement.

I would also recommend volunteering and charity work. You will be out and about and helping people who need it. It will also build up a network of contacts for you and potentially people who can make you aware of opportunities and help you into paid employment. You could also consider getting involved with a local sports club, it doesn't have to be playing in a team or coaching kids etc, there are many capacities in which people can help and in which help is needed.

I think you have been very honest here but do not be too hard on yourself. Honesty is a very rare quality and I think it disarms people who might otherwise not be inclined to give you a chance. You have self-awareness and you're not a bluffer. That will stand to you.

I hope everything turns out alright for you.

At the moment 12 months time seems just impossible. In a year I'd love to be back home with my ex and little girl but I know it won't happen.

I don't know where I want to be. Happy and better than I am now. Working obviously.

I'm not looking forward to the day when I find out or see that my ex has a new fella. He will be everything I'm not. It's already hurting me.

Sorry to keep moaning. I am trying.

Sounds like you know exactly where you want to be.

I went for a little walk today just for some fresh air. I sat down for a while and I had a man and woman come over and ask me if I was ok. Asked if I wanted to come in for a cup of tea. I declined as I would just be crying.

A while later another man came over and asked me if I needed to talk. He shook my hand and told me not to do anything silly (which I won't)

I must have looked a state with my body language but it was nice that there are people who care.

I know I have many hard day's and dark nights ahead of me. I'm glad I have people here to talk to. I will be talking a lot as I do wear my heart on my sleeve.

When things are a lot better for me I want to help people. Things really do seem too hard and when you're down you can't see a way out.

I hope I'm out of it enough one day to help. I do care too.

I think I will look into counselling. Even if I just read up on it all. It may help.

Last edited:
I went for a little walk today just for some fresh air. I sat down for a while and I had a man and woman come over and ask me if I was ok. Asked if I wanted to come in for a cup of tea. I declined as I would just be crying.

A while later another man came over and asked me if I needed to talk. He shook my hand and told me not to do anything silly (which I won't)

I must have looked a state with my body language but it was nice that there are people who care.

I know I have many hard day's and dark nights ahead of me. I'm glad I have people here to talk to. I will be talking a lot as I do wear my heart on my sleeve.

When things are a lot better for me I want to help people. Things really do seem too hard and when you're down you can't see a way out.

Just make sure at least once per day, if you have time, log on to here and send us all a message on the thread. Someone will likely be awake at any hour of the day and we don't charge to give help and advice.

I think I will look into counselling. Even if I just read up on it all. It may help.
My DMs are always open. I am up the majority of the day so if you ever need anything, feel free to let me know. I can just be a person to listen or if you want me to chirp in, I can. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, you are never alone in whatever it is you may be going through. Please reach out to me if you ever feel the need.

Just make sure at least once per day, if you have time, log on to here and send us all a message on the thread. Someone will likely be awake at any hour of the day and we don't charge to give help and advice.
I will keep everyone posted. I think I will need to talk so I will happily post on here often. Thank you.
My DMs are always open. I am up the majority of the day so if you ever need anything, feel free to let me know. I can just be a person to listen or if you want me to chirp in, I can. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, you are never alone in whatever it is you may be going through. Please reach out to me if you ever feel the need.
Thanks Grinch. I will defo take you up on your offer mate. It means a lot to me that people care. I don't feel as alone even though it's online.

I will keep everyone posted. I think I will need to talk so I will happily post on here often. Thank you.

Thanks Grinch. I will defo take you up on your offer mate. It means a lot to me that people care. I don't feel as alone even though it's online.
I know we may be from quite a long distance apart, but if it is anything you need me to do, just ask. I am more than happy to scout out counselors, programs, or anything you think would help. My DMs are always open bud! and I hope you days get a bit better going forward knowing you have a awesome support system in GoT. I will keep you in mind throughout my day. I do work in a Mental hospital here in America. I deal with depression, suicide, and anything along those line. I mentioned it before in a post quite a ways back but I am ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) certified. I read you last few post and I know you stated you aren't suicidal but its not just on that topic. Its a method I can help clear things up if you need :) Please let me know.

I know we may be from quite a long distance apart, but if it is anything you need me to do, just ask. I am more than happy to scout out counselors, programs, or anything you think would help. My DMs are always open bud! and I hope you days get a bit better going forward knowing you have a awesome support system in GoT. I will keep you in mind throughout my day. I do work in a Mental hospital here in America. I deal with depression, suicide, and anything along those line. I mentioned it before in a post quite a ways back but I am ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) certified. I read you last few post and I know you stated you aren't suicidal but its not just on that topic. Its a method I can help clear things up if you need :) Please let me know.
That's very kind of you mate. I'll be honest, taking a way out is an option but not for me. I just couldn't do that to my little girl. I may feel worthless but she is priceless too me. Thanks again

I went for a little walk today
He shook my hand
nice that there are people who care.
people here to talk to.
I want to help people

Positive. Positive. Positive.

Make a list mate. Tiny, seemingly unimportant stuff, a word, a feeling, a "win". Write them down. Then after a week, look back at them. You will be chuffed with yourself, and not lying, maybe a bit daft. (In a good way).

Made my day that post of yours. In a week or so, you will realise why.

Positive. Positive. Positive.

Make a list mate. Tiny, seemingly unimportant stuff, a word, a feeling, a "win". Write them down. Then after a week, look back at them. You will be chuffed with yourself, and not lying, maybe a bit daft. (In a good way).

Made my day that post of yours. In a week or so, you will realise why.
Thank you Roydo. My life seems totally bleak. The fact that strangers talk to me and people on the street came over to check on me does make me feel a lot less worthless.

I'd love to be able to offer a hand or a hug to someone in a dark way.