Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

ive managed to get myself up and ready to go to work , helping my dad out on site this morning.

getting up to go is an achievement in itself.

maybe these citalopram are having an effect after a week ...
Good news and if that's the case you'll get even more benefit after they have had a month or so to really take effect.Sometimes the fact you've had a diagnosis and have been prescribed can make a difference to your state of mind.

Some of you may remember that I have posted a few times about social anxiety. I have been feeling well for several months now so I decided to go on a staff night out tonight. Thought I was ready for it. I'm sorry to say that I found it a real struggle, it really set my anxiety off. Couldn't wait to get away. I'm not even sure what the issue is or why it's so difficult for me.
Very positive that you gave it a try,a while ago I had a work colleague who suffered from the same.He'd try 15 minutes,go out to collect himself then come back and do the same again,until in the end he could manage an hour or so.He's done an Mindfulness course and seems much improved.

Very positive that you gave it a try,a while ago I had a work colleague who suffered from the same.He'd try 15 minutes,go out to collect himself then come back and do the same again,until in the end he could manage an hour or so.He's done an Mindfulness course and seems much improved.

I managed to stay for over 2 hours so I did ok. People wanted me to go on to another bar with them after we left the restaurant but I knew I'd reached my limit.

I managed to stay for over 2 hours so I did ok. People wanted me to go on to another bar with them after we left the restaurant but I knew I'd reached my limit.
Two hours was brilliant you should be proud of yourself and an ideal opportunity to make your excuses to leave before carrying on to the bar.From what my friend told me his biggest concern was other people noticing his distress.

Some of you may remember that I have posted a few times about social anxiety. I have been feeling well for several months now so I decided to go on a staff night out tonight. Thought I was ready for it. I'm sorry to say that I found it a real struggle, it really set my anxiety off. Couldn't wait to get away. I'm not even sure what the issue is or why it's so difficult for me.
Hi mate. You really should try the ‘Linden Method ‘ for anxiety, it works by taking away the mechanics of a panic disorder. Google it. Tried and tested by yours truly.

I saw a teenage girl on Tumblr who's obsessed with Jordan Pickford saying she wanted to hurt/kill herself over today's match and it breaks my heart. I'm really down about it, not helped by the fact I'm in terrible pain (and if anyone else has fibromyalgia, your pain management advice would be appreciated!) but my self-harming days are behind me when it comes to football, and all I could say was, "Don't be like me."

I saw a teenage girl on Tumblr who's obsessed with Jordan Pickford saying she wanted to hurt/kill herself over today's match and it breaks my heart. I'm really down about it, not helped by the fact I'm in terrible pain (and if anyone else has fibromyalgia, your pain management advice would be appreciated!) but my self-harming days are behind me when it comes to football, and all I could say was, "Don't be like me."
That is amazing on so many levels. Well done you. Feeling down about today is the reaction of every Evertonian! I was in spitting distance of St James Park today - visiting a friend who is in the RVI (huge hospital in the middle of Newcastle) Could hear the fans and knew exactly how it was going!

That is amazing on so many levels. Well done you. Feeling down about today is the reaction of every Evertonian! I was in spitting distance of St James Park today - visiting a friend who is in the RVI (huge hospital in the middle of Newcastle) Could hear the fans and knew exactly how it was going!
Yeah, it hurts and I want to kick Pickford in the groin - I've had some darker thoughts about the team which I will not post here, but am forcing them back - but seeing someone say that is painful. I mean, she could be exaggerating, it could be hyperbole, but she is proper obsessed with him, she gets really upset when people make fun of him and she's got some personal stuff going on too.

I am glad I got rid of the Oxycontin tablets I picked up though.

Struggling a bit at the minute.

Still out of work, it's been about a month since I quit that other place after 2 days when it turned out to be a scam. Since then I interviewed for another job but it's been over 2 weeks and I've heard nothing back, nothing at all. I called them 10 days ago to ask if there was any feedback but they just said the interview process was still ongoing, since then nothing. Written it off now.

Sleeping pattern is all over the place, I'm waking up about 4-5pm and then staying awake until 5 or 6am the next morning. Feel stuck in a right rut. It's my birthday tomorrow and I couldn't be less bothered, we've booked a family meal but I'm not the least bit looking forward to it. Not been out for a drink with my mates for weeks, they're lying low at the moment and I think have forgotten it's my birthday this week. Meh.

Went up to Newcastle at the weekend for the match and despite the horror of the result I had good day, getting out the house was a nice change. Since then though I've crashed back down and feel rubbish again. Really hope I fly up again soon, right now I feel so demotivated and low.

Struggling a bit at the minute.

Still out of work, it's been about a month since I quit that other place after 2 days when it turned out to be a scam. Since then I interviewed for another job but it's been over 2 weeks and I've heard nothing back, nothing at all. I called them 10 days ago to ask if there was any feedback but they just said the interview process was still ongoing, since then nothing. Written it off now.

Sleeping pattern is all over the place, I'm waking up about 4-5pm and then staying awake until 5 or 6am the next morning. Feel stuck in a right rut. It's my birthday tomorrow and I couldn't be less bothered, we've booked a family meal but I'm not the least bit looking forward to it. Not been out for a drink with my mates for weeks, they're lying low at the moment and I think have forgotten it's my birthday this week. Meh.

Went up to Newcastle at the weekend for the match and despite the horror of the result I had good day, getting out the house was a nice change. Since then though I've crashed back down and feel rubbish again. Really hope I fly up again soon, right now I feel so demotivated and low.

Sorry to hear about your employment woes. Have you signed on yet? I always tell people to sign on even if out of work for a few weeks but I understand pride can get in the way.

Even though you're out of work I think (from experience) it's good to sort of treat your week like you are employed: get up and out of the house early, spend time every morning sending CV's around and doing some research etc. Little things just to give your week a sort of pseudo-structure.