Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Stop overthinking it. What you are experiencing are first day nerves and entirely natural. If you overdress so what - you can see what other folk wear and plan your work clothes once you've started. And it's far better to be overdressed than underdressed. Hope it goes well.

I was over dressed but one of the others said he did the same. I got thru it although not much sleep last night so hoping to catch sone extra tonight. Thanks everyone for the helpful words!!

Poor Dougie .It's awful when a pet dies, you get so attached to them. They really are part of the family. I'm sure the cat sanctuary would be delighted if you can rehome a rescue cat - especially an adult. Most people like kittens.

Our cat Tia, turned up on our doorstep one day. She was chipped, we gave her back to her owners- who lived about 5 miles away. The next day she came back to ours, we gave her back again. Repeated this another two times and then came to an agreement that we would keep her as she clearly wanted to stay with us. She wasn't ill-treated or anything, she just liked us better. That was six years ago!
Yeah, that was my thinking. Loads of people want kittens. They're welcome to them. I mean, they're cute but it would be a lot of stress for me looking after one.

That's how I see it, every pet is different. No cat will replace Dougie, but I miss having one around the house and it was nice to have a pet to come home to. My brother works for the Home Office and his job is stressful as hell, and I know having cats to come home to makes him happy (and when he gets back from yet another Everton defeat).

I definitely want a rescue AND an adult at that, can't be arsed with pet shops. I'm used to adult cats, as I said - the first cat I ever knew was Sam, my gran's old black cat - and kittens are cute but they get into EVERYTHING, not to mention the toilet training. There's a cat sanctuary that a few mates recommend, so I'll be visiting there at some point to meet the cats and see if there's one I like. I'm not arsed if it's disabled/special needs either. I am myself! And Dougie had a few health problems, plus he was deaf.
So sorry to hear about Dougie. It's very hard when they pass away. They are like family. All my pets have been rescues, adults and youngsters. Some people think that animals at shelters are all bad, but they are not. I used to volunteer at a shelter and most are great dogs/cats that just ended up in a bad situation.

Here is a website that could help you when you feel you are ready to start looking:

Had a bad weekend really, hardlyeft the house and never got up for work today.

Not had any alcohol this weekend so it's not a downer from drink and late nights.

Didn't even get up till couple hours ago.

Hate feeling this way esp after a good start to the year. It comes out of nowhere

So sorry to hear about Dougie. It's very hard when they pass away. They are like family. All my pets have been rescues, adults and youngsters. Some people think that animals at shelters are all bad, but they are not. I used to volunteer at a shelter and most are great dogs/cats that just ended up in a bad situation.

Here is a website that could help you when you feel you are ready to start looking:

There's one called Millstream in Manchester that's meant to be good - a couple of friends have offered to take me there.

Had a bad weekend really, hardlyeft the house and never got up for work today.

Not had any alcohol this weekend so it's not a downer from drink and late nights.

Didn't even get up till couple hours ago.

Hate feeling this way esp after a good start to the year. It comes out of nowhere
Take each day as it comes lad . Tomorrow is a new one . Don’t get too down over something you can’t control

Had an absolutely horrendous few days.

My mobile was stolen, left it in a Delta coming back from my mates. After realising I didn't have it I called it and the driver answered it, he said he'd finished his shift for the night and when I requested if he could bring it back tomorrow or hand it in to the office for me he just hung up. Called the Lost Property department who said the driver was denying he had it, was going back and forth with them all of Sunday over this. Scumbag is outright lying to them, he has my phone and is now denying it. People like that shouldn't be working for a taxi firm. I've now officially involved the police who say they'll investigate but there's no chance I'll be getting it back. Having to buy a new one, luckily it's my birthday soon but hopefully it will at least cause for that driver to be F'ed off (not holding my breath though it's my word against his).

Went for a job interview last Thursday, it went okay I think but they said they would inform me in a few days if I was going to be took on. Heard nothing since (though I have emailed them explaining the situation with my mobile so that number is now invalid if they wish to contact me). Very worried about it, trying to reassure myself that no news must be good news because if I'd flopped they'd have gotten back to me fairly quickly telling me it's a no. Hopefully they get in touch tomorrow and let me know either way because I just need an answer now so I can stop worrying.

Need to get my head back in the game, I'm having a very challenging time of things at the moment. Trying my best to positive.