Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Tipp blue

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Had a bad weekend really, hardlyeft the house and never got up for work today.

Not had any alcohol this weekend so it's not a downer from drink and late nights.

Didn't even get up till couple hours ago.

Hate feeling this way esp after a good start to the year. It comes out of nowhere
Comes out of the blue alright, my best suggestion right now is get out for a walk, leave your phone at home and walk for 10 minutes then turn around and walk 10 minutes back home, a walk is great for the mind especially with no distractions from phones. Just walk and look at the world around you trees plants the colours of people's houses the colours of their doors just notice things.

BigBlueNose

Player Valuation: £70m
Comes out of the blue alright, my best suggestion right now is get out for a walk, leave your phone at home and walk for 10 minutes then turn around and walk 10 minutes back home, a walk is great for the mind especially with no distractions from phones. Just walk and look at the world around you trees plants the colours of people's houses the colours of their doors just notice things.
thanks mate.

your right , I don't think ive left the house since Friday...

LydiateLee

Player Valuation: £8m
Great advice.

BigBlueNose

Player Valuation: £70m
im still feeling down, its been about a week or more now, not made work. im going to try and get in at the docs this week and see what they reckon. ive been off any meds I was on for about 12 months now, it looks like I will have to try them again...

Real_madras

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Had a some positive couple of days. Had a meeting with my line manager and HR yesterday. I have asked to return to work in a clerical position, until I'm well enough to work on the Wards again. Also when I do go to the wards, I'll go in an elderly dementia ward (less likely to trigger my ptsd). Its not really where I want to work but will be Ok until i can find something else and will add to my experience.

Also had my first session with my therapist today. It was an assessment session. He told me that I had realistic expectations of what I can achieve. Also told me that things I have been doing at home already, should be helpful. Thanks for all your support last week. Hope everyone on here is doing OK.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.