Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

im still feeling down, its been about a week or more now, not made work. im going to try and get in at the docs this week and see what they reckon. ive been off any meds I was on for about 12 months now, it looks like I will have to try them again...

Had a some positive couple of days. Had a meeting with my line manager and HR yesterday. I have asked to return to work in a clerical position, until I'm well enough to work on the Wards again. Also when I do go to the wards, I'll go in an elderly dementia ward (less likely to trigger my ptsd). Its not really where I want to work but will be Ok until i can find something else and will add to my experience.

Also had my first session with my therapist today. It was an assessment session. He told me that I had realistic expectations of what I can achieve. Also told me that things I have been doing at home already, should be helpful. Thanks for all your support last week. Hope everyone on here is doing OK.

Had a some positive couple of days. Had a meeting with my line manager and HR yesterday. I have asked to return to work in a clerical position, until I'm well enough to work on the Wards again. Also when I do go to the wards, I'll go in an elderly dementia ward (less likely to trigger my ptsd). Its not really where I want to work but will be Ok until i can find something else and will add to my experience.

Also had my first session with my therapist today. It was an assessment session. He told me that I had realistic expectations of what I can achieve. Also told me that things I have been doing at home already, should be helpful. Thanks for all your support last week. Hope everyone on here is doing OK.

Must be a weight of your shoulders that mate.

Just don`t rush back ;)

im still feeling down, its been about a week or more now, not made work. im going to try and get in at the docs this week and see what they reckon. ive been off any meds I was on for about 12 months now, it looks like I will have to try them again...

Wouldn't frame the meds as a bad thing. They're supposed to be an aid to help you. If they can help you out of a valley and correct any behaviors, who cares right?

I know next to nothing about long term use of medication for anxiety or depression, but, if I had a long term physical health issue which needed long term medication, then I wouldn't hesitate to take it.

I know the ideal situation with mental health issues is that you learn to cope without medication, but, as an analogy, some people get recurring infections, which, on and off, need treatment, without which, the infection would get worse. It sounds like your health issues are similar to that, but it's your mind rather than your body that needs a bit of help from the medics.

Made the mistake of coming off my meds a couple of years ago. I went down hill after a while. Once my GP got me back on them I stabilised again. I had some counselling around the same time which also helped.

It gets better mate.

I know next to nothing about long term use of medication for anxiety or depression, but, if I had a long term physical health issue which needed long term medication, then I wouldn't hesitate to take it.

I know the ideal situation with mental health issues is that you learn to cope without medication, but, as an analogy, some people get recurring infections, which, on and off, need treatment, without which, the infection would get worse. It sounds like your health issues are similar to that, but it's your mind rather than your body that needs a bit of help from the medics.

Great advice!

BBC (@BBC) Tweeted:
Why earning over £50k a year won't make you any happier... and other 'happiness myths' explored!
https://t.co/vUxBrVcZCa

Myths about happiness. Well worth a watch.

BBC subtly pushing the government message of "be happy on low pay, proles, while we and our mates in business run off with your cash."

But true enough, money doesn't necessarily bring happiness, its how you use it and what your expectations are of it that are important.