Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Keep going lad .

ive missed the week at work and have pissed people off bigtime. this is what happens when it comes out of the blue. everything was going well and I thought I was doing fine then this happens. ive felt like utter shabite all week and constantly tired. I could of slept all week if i wanted too. the fact I am at my parents house means they have got me up and about.

ive got to go back to work Monday.. which I am already dreading

ive missed the week at work and have pissed people off bigtime. this is what happens when it comes out of the blue. everything was going well and I thought I was doing fine then this happens. ive felt like utter shabite all week and constantly tired. I could of slept all week if i wanted too. the fact I am at my parents house means they have got me up and about.

ive got to go back to work Monday.. which I am already dreading
You are obviously good at your job . If you are up to going in on Monday just put your head down and let your graft do the talking . You can’t control what other people think . Fck them .

This is a great thread and a credit to the forum.

I’ve had no-so-good mental health for most of my adult life and it’s great to see a safe and supportive place for people to be able to talk and get help. Nice one.

For what it’s worth the things that have helped me are:

no longer drinking booze (used to do it too much and in an unhelpful way)

Daily excercise and time outdoors. A walk is enough but a jog or bike ride does me even better.

Mindfulness practice. I thought it was all a load of airy-fairy woo nonsense but a friend talked me into it. While some of it is (!) the basics have worked for me. I spent so much time thinking about what might be or what could have been that I forgot about living NOW.

That thread about passion and playing for the shirt and whatnot really brings home how differently an autistic brain works sometimes. I have so little understanding of human emotions. I can't understand why it's bad for players not to be angry and loud all the time.

Passion for me is carving '1995' into my thigh, or being admitted to hospital because I was bleeding all over the place after slashing my arm because of Atlanta. Are players meant to act like this? Should Silva hand each one a knife?
This is a great thread and a credit to the forum.

I’ve had no-so-good mental health for most of my adult life and it’s great to see a safe and supportive place for people to be able to talk and get help. Nice one.

For what it’s worth the things that have helped me are:

no longer drinking booze (used to do it too much and in an unhelpful way)

Daily excercise and time outdoors. A walk is enough but a jog or bike ride does me even better.

Mindfulness practice. I thought it was all a load of airy-fairy woo nonsense but a friend talked me into it. While some of it is (!) the basics have worked for me. I spent so much time thinking about what might be or what could have been that I forgot about living NOW.
Yeah, even if it's just to buy food, I try to leave the house every day. And mindfulness can be helpful. I know it's helped my mum, and my stepbrother since he's started having panic attacks.

That thread about passion and playing for the shirt and whatnot really brings home how differently an autistic brain works sometimes. I have so little understanding of human emotions. I can't understand why it's bad for players not to be angry and loud all the time.

Passion for me is carving '1995' into my thigh, or being admitted to hospital because I was bleeding all over the place after slashing my arm because of Atlanta. Are players meant to act like this? Should Silva hand each one a knife?

Yeah, even if it's just to buy food, I try to leave the house every day. And mindfulness can be helpful. I know it's helped my mum, and my stepbrother since he's started having panic attacks.

No one should act like this after a sports game.

Alright peoples, going to the doctors on Wednesday to discuss the weaning off the tablets (escitalopram). I know about gradually reducing the dose and everything and feel I'm probably overdue in doing this as I never wanted to be on them forever and haven't had any abnormal anxiety for a long time. I'm still fearful of it coming back once I get off them but I'm sick of them making me lazy basically, i really struggle to wake up in the mornings and need to set about 10 alarms because I just sleep straight through them, was wondering if anyone's come off the medication and what to expect etc.

Sorry for the rambling post, was just writing as the words came into my head.