Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

It was nice to hear my daughter say I'm not a bad man last night even though I admit I have been no where near perfect. Yes I have been grumpy and strict and gone way to far in terms of my shouting at times but she did say at times I had tried so hard to change the subject so me and my wife didn't argue but my wife would never let it go.
My daughter is just stuck in the middle though and I feel ashamed of what we're doing to her

I just don't no what to do really. I just want to start again or at least try. I should be looking forward to a summer holiday but now I have absolutely nothing
Don't reply to this mate because its personal I know, but worth thinking about counselling. If its been mentioned before then I apologise.

What to do in a house all a lone when my wife has ignored me all weekend and so we are not even moving forward??? She is literally refusing to speak accusing me of getting threatening and aggressive when she has tried and staying at her parents when I'm home at weekends. She must no she is just fcuk ing my head up even more.

What to do in a house all a lone when my wife has ignored me all weekend and so we are not even moving forward??? She is literally refusing to speak accusing me of getting threatening and aggressive when she has tried and staying at her parents when I'm home at weekends. She must no she is just fcuk ing my head up even more.
Mate record her on your phone on the sly when she’s doing all that . She’s clearly putting in the groundwork for her reasons to split so you need to counter that . Horrible situation but fight fire with fire but keep your cool

Groucho, you are in the medical profession from my understanding. What is your view on the origin of depression and other mental health issues?

I've done a lot of reading - I try only to stick to peer-reviewed articles - and it seems like the stress response and stress hormones are a big culprit of predisposing people to these things - http://news.berkeley.edu/2014/02/11/chronic-stress-predisposes-brain-to-mental-illness/. Seems like repeated stress or things like addiction (which goes on to alter your pleasure response and stress response) have to ability to blunt our emotions/feelings, and that's how we enjoy and experience the world.