Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

You’re too kind.

Aye, I’m not saying it doesn’t work for people folks, just that you need to make sure it won’t mess you up further.

Somethings (even herbal) can seriously mess with any regular meds you may take and other body systems.

St. John’s wort is a popular herbal remedy for depression and can work for some however also can cause liver problems.

Consult your GP if necessary obviously. Excercise caution.
Herbal tea works wonders for myself. Worth a try in my book

You’re too kind.

Aye, I’m not saying it doesn’t work for people folks, just that you need to make sure it won’t mess you up further.

Somethings (even herbal) can seriously mess with any regular meds you may take and other body systems.

St. John’s wort is a popular herbal remedy for depression and can work for some however also can cause liver problems.

The internet and the popularisation of herbal remedies has led to many people self diagnosing which can be very risky.

You’re too kind.

what do you do for a living mate, just out of interest, unless of course its a "if I told you id have to kill you type situ" haha

Posted in here mid-season to get the ball rolling and I never really followed up or kept myself accountable.

Had a bit of a meltdown yesterday. Told by my boss at my first job that they're cutting hours and I'm going to be the first on the chopping block, despite having been in the job nearly 2 years longer than some of my co-workers. Second "job" (an internship) has notified me that the position I was completing the internship for in order to be promoted to, was no longer on offer to me and they'd outsourced another candidate (after 4 months of me working for free). Before telling me this, they got me to train this new person on how to complete the basic tasks of the job as I assumed it was just another intern coming in.

Got home and had an argument with my younger brother about him not helping do anything around the house (we've been living with my elderly Grandparents and they can't do a lot of the things that need doing). We then got into a scuffle and then I drove off. Ended up an hour from home parked near a river punching myself in the head so hard I vomited and passed out. Woke up a few hours later and somehow drove myself home.

Feel awful for taking it out on him, my Grandparents having to witness it and even worse for trying to bludgeon myself.

Girlfriend came over and had a long talk with her but seemed to go around in circles. I know I need to see someone professional but I'm petrified of being sent somewhere and my brother not looking after my Grandparents.

Posted in here mid-season to get the ball rolling and I never really followed up or kept myself accountable.

Had a bit of a meltdown yesterday. Told by my boss at my first job that they're cutting hours and I'm going to be the first on the chopping block, despite having been in the job nearly 2 years longer than some of my co-workers. Second "job" (an internship) has notified me that the position I was completing the internship for in order to be promoted to, was no longer on offer to me and they'd outsourced another candidate (after 4 months of me working for free). Before telling me this, they got me to train this new person on how to complete the basic tasks of the job as I assumed it was just another intern coming in.

Got home and had an argument with my younger brother about him not helping do anything around the house (we've been living with my elderly Grandparents and they can't do a lot of the things that need doing). We then got into a scuffle and then I drove off. Ended up an hour from home parked near a river punching myself in the head so hard I vomited and passed out. Woke up a few hours later and somehow drove myself home.

Feel awful for taking it out on him, my Grandparents having to witness it and even worse for trying to bludgeon myself.

Girlfriend came over and had a long talk with her but seemed to go around in circles. I know I need to see someone professional but I'm petrified of being sent somewhere and my brother not looking after my Grandparents.
From what you`ve posted there mate, you`re under an incredible amount of pressure at work and it`s obviously raising you`re anxiety levels something chronic, to the point where trivial things at home are becoming major issues.

What do you do for a living / do you have representation - union etc, as it looks to me like you`re being " managed out ". ( sorry for being blunt, but`s that what it looks like, looking from the outside in ).

In effect, you`ve been put on notice - you`re next in line for any job cuts and they overlooked you for another position.

I`m not an expert on this, but @anjelikaferrett gives very good advice on workers rights / abuse of power etc.

Re - seeing someone, don`t be worried about going to your GP and getting help, whether it`s in the form of medication or therapy, as you`re GP will be very experienced in helping people who`ve found them self in similar situations.

Ps - You`re not going to get sent anywhere mate, you`re a long long way from that ;)

Can’t really broadcast it sorry mate
Here's a hint though...
marx-brothers-harpo-marx-chico-marx-groucho-marx_a-G-5112642-8363144.jpg

Can't help but feel for Jack Rodwell at the moment. My concern stems from a quote in the following article; https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44631488

He finished last season training with the Wearside club's under-23 squad, with then manager Chris Coleman saying in April he "didn't know" where Rodwell was mentally.

Don't have the full context of what Coleman was saying, but that, to me, is worrying. Surely a Professional Club should be on to this sort of thing? I'm hoping that they were/are & Coleman just didn't have all the facts, but if he didn't, I'd expect a very different response.

Go to your doctor mate
The punching thing which I'veno doubt many others have done isn't good.
There's help for you
Normally free but you can make a donation
Nothing to bad ashamed of
The work situation, you're not alone with this treatment by some employers.
If there isn't a union or like speak to hr and take notes .
Judging by the way they treat you to can't get any worse.
More importantly keep a calm head ,when work finishes it stops.
It begins when you enter the building /swipe in or whatever.
Worry about it then not before or after.
Good luck

Gotta find a way to cope with all of the stress you seem to have brother. You've a good heart and I doubt any professional will send you off without serious thoughts of self harm or harming others.

Don't deal with this alone, get the help you deserve.