Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Its only another night but still can be difficult one for people.
2 years ago on new years eve I put down my worst ever night. It was only after that I reached out for help.
So whatever is best for you tonight do it . If that means goin to bed at 10.30 and not looking at social media then so be it .
No one has to conform to the stereo types associated with the night.
And I'm sure be plenty on here too if anyone needs it.

Passes me by completely. Never seen the point of a celebration, so its a day off thats all.

This particular year though, I just want Mrs R to be well enough to be home. Which is doubtful.

Brief update. Was called by the hospital to go there immediately at 8.00 ish, cos, well y'know.

Given 15 to 20 minutes after a cardiac arrest, well, 3. Then had another one. Consultant says if she has another one, thats it, no more CPR.

By 11.45, against everything, she was stable, but critical, as they managed to find the right mix of bits and bobs that she would respond to. Not out the woods by a long shot, but when you are given a 20 minute warning, well, buzzing atm.

Thankx Team Bristol BRI.

Brief update. Was called by the hospital to go there immediately at 8.00 ish, cos, well y'know.

Given 15 to 20 minutes after a cardiac arrest, well, 3. Then had another one. Consultant says if she has another one, thats it, no more CPR.

By 11.45, against everything, she was stable, but critical, as they managed to find the right mix of bits and bobs that she would respond to. Not out the woods by a long shot, but when you are given a 20 minute warning, well, buzzing atm.

Thankx Team Bristol BRI.
We are all here for you buddy.

Damn it roydo, I did not know your wife was in that kind of condition. I'm so sorry she and you are going through your own battles at the moment. I hope she's able to kick whatever the hell is going on

Nor did anyone. Saw her at 2.00pm today, right as nine pence, ish. Left her at 6.00 with her resting, but in some discomfort, (been in the ICU for a week), call at 8.00 ish to get there sharpish.

The mind is a strange thing, hence this thread for example, but I am elated atm.

Thankx Team Bristol BRI.

Best of luck to you and your family roydo, really don't know what to say other than i hope youse come out of this Ok, all the best pal

It's been a a year full of changes, ups and downs, moments of confusion, etc. Glad it ended on a highish note though. Healthy, clear headed and for the most part happy.

Last year the holidays were just horrendous. Work was utterly miserable because of uncertainty regarding everyone's future, my personal life was in a tailspin and I wasn't on any medication so mentally I was struggling. Last NYE I stormed out of a friend's house party and went to bed half-hoping I'd never wake up. And about 4 years ago on I went missing for several hours and seriously contemplated the unthinkable.

This year I found new employment which is definitely miles better than any of the previous one, my relationships with my friends and family are better and the medication I'm on has finally helped me get over my anxieties. Still lacking several things in my life I'd really like to have but progress is being made definitely.

I'm 25, for me the decade of the noughties were my childhood. The decade of the teens was when I went from being a boy into a man. Hopefully now the twenties will be the decade where I go from a young man with bright ideas to a fully rounded and successful man.

Hope everyone is navigating their way through life okay and is feeling positive about themselves and the future. God bless.

Thankx Team Bristol BRI.

Best wishes mate for you and Mrs R. Fingers crossed for some good news today.

Thankx Team Bristol BRI.
So sorry to hear about this Roydo. I hope your wife’s condition improves soon.

Thankx Team Bristol BRI.

Thinking of you mate.

Best wishes mate for you and Mrs R. Fingers crossed for some good news today.
So sorry to hear about this Roydo. I hope your wife’s condition improves soon.

Just had an update. Steady, but slow, (which is good apparently) improvement in heart and brain condition. They used longer words like, but the ICU are made up that she is responding to their treatment.

;)
Early days, but wow, talk about a grown man balling his eyes out just now.

Thanks again for the messages and that.