Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Cardano

Player Valuation: £500k
Anyone else dread the start of a new year?
I know it’s all artificial and that and I don’t usually set much significance by it.

But after the last six months I actually can’t wait. I’ve felt that I needed to get the festive season out of the way before I can really start getting a grip on things and, totally irrationally, the start of a new year gives me a sense of moving on and forwards this time.

NCLBlue

Player Valuation: £8m
Just wanted to say that anyone who struggles with stress/depression/anxiety but is ‘high functioning’ or thinks they’re doing ok - don’t try keeping a lid on it just because when the lid flies off it’s devastating for you and those around you.

Never drink but didn’t want to be a party pooper when we had guests.Within hours had a row with my fiancee and refused the taxi they got in, stayed out alone. 4 hours later and the robbery of £20, keys and brand new phone, sleeping ona grassy ditch and no memory, I walked home and arrived then found out about my goodbye messages to a select few people but 'bottling' the final act - no memory of course.

Devastated that I did that and time to see GP and crisis team.

Thank god the footballs picking up, eh Blues?

larbert toffee

Player Valuation: £60m
Just wanted to say that anyone who struggles with stress/depression/anxiety but is ‘high functioning’ or thinks they’re doing ok - don’t try keeping a lid on it just because when the lid flies off it’s devastating for you and those around you.

Never drink but didn’t want to be a party pooper when we had guests.Within hours had a row with my fiancee and refused the taxi they got in, stayed out alone. 4 hours later and the robbery of £20, keys and brand new phone, sleeping ona grassy ditch and no memory, I walked home and arrived then found out about my goodbye messages to a select few people but 'bottling' the final act - no memory of course.

Devastated that I did that and time to see GP and crisis team.

Thank god the footballs picking up, eh Blues?
At least you've realised it's time to do something about, make sure you do sooner rather than later, it'll be difficult but you will need to heed any advice and treatment given, stay strong and the best of luck with things, keep us informed via this thread as you will hopefully find the support on here will spur you on,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks