Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

hallamblue

Player Valuation: £25m
I have vivid memories of really struggling with my mental health 2 or 3 years ago. I'm now in a better place and I feel for anyone trying to cope. Stay safe everyone and please know that there will be better times ahead. My favourite present this year was from my wife. I asked her to donate to Crisis so someone homeless can at least have a good Christmas day. Peace and goodwill to all.

Cardano

Player Valuation: £500k
Today can be a really awful day for anyone going through a bad time. It can be a particularly cruel day.

First thing anyone should keep in mind is it’s not just you. Despite appearances it’s not the case that everybody on earth except you is having a wonderful day full of family warmth etc. There are loads and loads of people in a crap boat. So it’s not unique to you.

Stay off social media.

And just keep in mind that this will pass and life will change in some way.

I’ve used today to finally decide on a route out of my problems. It’ll involve doing things i don’t really want to do but it will be a route forward that in time will sort things out.

Chin up everyone. Keep on fighting.

Jacob

Player Valuation: £30m
I have vivid memories of really struggling with my mental health 2 or 3 years ago. I'm now in a better place and I feel for anyone trying to cope. Stay safe everyone and please know that there will be better times ahead. My favourite present this year was from my wife. I asked her to donate to Crisis so someone homeless can at least have a good Christmas day. Peace and goodwill to all.
I remember that time and Im sure I posted then to you. Youve done well.. and giving back with your thoughts for others. Peace to you and yours

anjelikaferrett

Cats beer and Springsteen
My lad broke up for school last week with 100% attendance since he changed school. My wife broke down in tears reading his school report as it's the first time since going to high school that he's attained 100% attendance. He's had problems ever since going there. The report was great and some of his grades were fantastic considering he's missed a year of their Gcse studies and he's not been to school for six months eg. A in English. He's also made new friends and settled in so well.

Watching him this morning opening his presents and being so happy is just something I couldn't have dreamed of earlier this year when we hit rock bottom and were in hospital with him wanting to kill himself. So if things aren't going well right now, don't give up, keep fighting, it can get better.

Thanks again for the support over the year. Really appreciate it. Have a good Xmas everyone.
That is so lovely. Happy Christmas to you and your family x

David09

Player Valuation: £500k
Mate I’ve gone through a divorce this last 12 months. I can tell you last Christmas was the saddest period of my life (even allowing for the death of my father). The enormity of the family life you had with your kids really hits home to you at this time of the year, when it’s no longer there. My daughter is still being cold to me (even though it was my ex who wanted to end the marriage) all you can do is try and be reasonable with your ex, and hope she comes round and allows you more access to your daughter. If not you’ll have to go through the courts, as every dad is entitled to see their kids. Get through this difficult period mate and things will get better for you.
Thanks mate. I've had a quiet day. I've spent most of it in bed avoiding the day

barmcake

Player Valuation: £150k
That is so lovely. Happy Christmas to you and your family x
Thank you, and you. We've had a great day. Due to the year we've had we spoilt the kids a little more this year. I got him a bonus present that I gave him this evening with a letter telling him how proud we are of his recovery and he was really taken a back. He's hugged me about twenty times.

Merry Christmas to all on here, long time lurker of this thread but I think it does a fantastic job allowing people a safe space to have a vent or just discuss any issues with no judgement.

On a side note I gave mine and my dad's season ticket to somebody in recovery yesterday so he could take his eight year old daughter to the match today and he seemed absolutely over the moon. It's made me want to do more to help those less lucky than I am, as we never know when we will need the help or kindness of another person

Take care of yourselves.

X

Jacob

Player Valuation: £30m
Merry Christmas to all on here, long time lurker of this thread but I think it does a fantastic job allowing people a safe space to have a vent or just discuss any issues with no judgement.

On a side note I gave mine and my dad's season ticket to somebody in recovery yesterday so he could take his eight year old daughter to the match today and he seemed absolutely over the moon. It's made me want to do more to help those less lucky than I am, as we never know when we will need the help or kindness of another person

Take care of yourselves.

X
A kindness is doubled when you also give something up to enable it...be it a via a possession, a deed or, just as as important, your time. Its always returned.. even when youre not aware of by whom, in what way, where and when. Merry Christmas to kind people everywhere...including us on here !!

dave n

Player Valuation: £750k
So today I asked my stbx wife to check her bank account as the debt we had been paying off together due to her financial abuse has not cleared. All was fixed in the end....
Her revenge for me wanting to clear debts asap.... She has removed more of my stuff from the house and left it on the drive telling me it must be collected today. On top of her demands I get my 14 year daughter texting me pressuring me to bow to my ex and collect things at the drop of a hat and " stop being childish "

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks