Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

At times I am fine . Flying over for the norwich game next week.
But some times I prefer to be at home on my own and not meeting people. Was in a social event this evening and just wanted to get out of it.
Hard to explain lonely at home but not wanting company either .
I'm in exactly the same situation mate. I just want to be by myself a lot. I've just got sick and tired of people not accepting me and being rude and making me feel uncomfortable

Dont really have people been rude but bar a couple of friends I find it hard to be arsed about making conversations

Why do we feel we need to be arsed? That’s the social norm I think we need to battle first. I personally find social encounters draining no matter what time of year it is, so can spend week after week not speaking to people outside of work. Society deems this unusual or something we need to seek help for but I’m not really sure why. We’re not harming anyone and people can be totally content in their own company.

So I mentioned on here a while ago that I was going to do a couple of solo trips (just UK based) before Xmas. Well I bottled the first of them yesterday. Woke up and felt like I just couldn't do it, made some excuse that I wasn't feeling great and that the weather wasn't good enough to do anything, but deep down I just didn't feel like being by myself for the whole weekend in somewhere I've never been before. Haven't lost any money as I took a cancellation policy on the hotel and wasn't ordering my train tickets til the last minute. But it's left me feeling a bit down as I feel like it's a kick in the teeth for things I want to do next year and makes me feel like I'll never leave my comfort zone.
Hoping I still have the courage to see Leicester through in 2 weeks time as I now have my match ticket and train tickets ordered.

So I mentioned on here a while ago that I was going to do a couple of solo trips (just UK based) before Xmas. Well I bottled the first of them yesterday. Woke up and felt like I just couldn't do it, made some excuse that I wasn't feeling great and that the weather wasn't good enough to do anything, but deep down I just didn't feel like being by myself for the whole weekend in somewhere I've never been before. Haven't lost any money as I took a cancellation policy on the hotel and wasn't ordering my train tickets til the last minute. But it's left me feeling a bit down as I feel like it's a kick in the teeth for things I want to do next year and makes me feel like I'll never leave my comfort zone.
Hoping I still have the courage to see Leicester through in 2 weeks time as I now have my match ticket and train tickets ordered.
Write down how you are feeling now and have a read of it the next time your thinking of cancelling a trip, I'd imagine you are feeling worse now than you were at the time you cancelled.

I used to do this all the time so I decided to swing the odds away from favour as such. Instead of saying telling myself I’ll go camping for a weekend or whatever I booked a week in Israel.

Leading up to it I had a nagging feeling I was gonna quit and sack it off but in the end the cost of the trip forced me to go.

So pleased that I did.

Go mate . Not easy but once you go once you will go again and again.
Speaking from experience on it .

That's hard, I have done a good bit of solo travel but not recently. I remember going to New York for five days alone but on the morning of the trip, I almost backed out and stayed at home. It was just the consideration of the cost of accomodation and flights that would be lost that made me go. It was fine in the end.

I think it helps to make an outline plan for yourself about what it is you want to do when you get there, and then make the arrangements accordingly. I have been on trips where I was just sort of lounging about, and you don't want that particularly when going solo.

Just try to forget this last experience and focus in as much a practical way as possible to your trip to Leicester. Good luck.

Go mate . Not easy but once you go once you will go again and again.
Speaking from experience on it .
Mate Everton away last season was brilliant. I went afew times and by myself. I'm going through a tough time to mate but Everton took my mind off life. I wish I had booked a hotel now though so I could enjoy afew beers. I drove but loved the atmosphere especially Leicester.

Mate Everton away last season was brilliant. I went afew times and by myself. I'm going through a tough time to mate but Everton took my mind off life. I wish I had booked a hotel now though so I could enjoy afew beers. I drove but loved the atmosphere especially Leicester.
I come from Ireland for games. Over tomorrow. And I love it. At times ya Everton frustrate but a trip over really helps. Was struggling a lot around 18 months ago and it was a great tonic. Even with sam in charge at the time!!

Been back on the SSRIs since it became undeniably clear that I'm going to have to spend the next five years of my life volunteering at foodbanks again. People keep telling me to "look after myself", but the thought of more of whatever the [Poor language removed] this is is likely to tip me over the edge.

I come from Ireland for games. Over tomorrow. And I love it. At times ya Everton frustrate but a trip over really helps. Was struggling a lot around 18 months ago and it was a great tonic. Even with sam in charge at the time!!
Its an absolutely brilliant tonic mate. Fair play coming over from Ireland. I think next time you fly over sam may be back. I'm 18 months into a divorce mate. Its still hell.

I don't feel good about going into work tomorrow, I can feel anger bubbling.

Last week was very hard going, we were extremely busy and not everything has gone the way we want it too. I'm PO, have really grafted my backside off and feel I've made one hell of a positive difference all things considered. Just I know I'm going to be the one blamed when certain things go to pot because it's just the way, if your face fits then you're untouchable in there. I'm going to explode I think, really let rip at certain people who really push my buttons and show massive ignorance.

Hope not but these feelings are usually right. Feel like a time bomb.