Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Unable to edit my post so, on the topic of OCD these links may be helpful...

The trick for Tom, for any OCD patient, is not beating the disorder, but learning to live with it. To accept that it exists, without accepting its truth.... https://www.menshealth.com/health/a19528378/are-you-too-religious/

Intrusive Thoughts... https://moodsmith.com/intrusive-thoughts/#harm

Unable to edit my post so, on the topic of OCD these links may be helpful...

The trick for Tom, for any OCD patient, is not beating the disorder, but learning to live with it. To accept that it exists, without accepting its truth.... https://www.menshealth.com/health/a19528378/are-you-too-religious/

Intrusive Thoughts... https://moodsmith.com/intrusive-thoughts/#harm

I've actually done well since beginning to work on my overall health. Exercise uses up the stress hormones my body uses and I can tell when my stress is low because I don't have an issue with the OCD.

I'm diagnosed OCD, and not the cute kind you see on TV shows where people have to rearrange their pencils in a straight line. I get stuck in negative thought loops and find it very difficult to get out of sometimes. I was also tentatively diagnosed with MDD. I've done a lot of looking around researching to see what the root of the issue is and how I can help myself.

The root of the issue seems to be chronic stress - http://news.berkeley.edu/2014/02/11/chronic-stress-predisposes-brain-to-mental-illness/.

There are chemical imbalances, mostly the effect of long term damage on the brain from stress hormones, but a lot of times medication is a supplement and behavioral changes are required. And sometimes life just sucks for a moment in time and we need to help ourselves through it.

https://bebrainfit.com/effects-chronic-stress-brain/ - all research based evidence in this article.

https://bebrainfit.com/mental-health-benefits-exercise/ - only a few questionable links in there but every point made has research based evidence behind it.

Bottom line, I have bad days but I also have good days. Keep trucking, kick ass and enjoy life while you can. If we can survive Big Sam we can sure as hell survive bad days.

cracking attitude to have mate, kick its head in!

I know mate, and thanks.

It's just that I moved here and got a job here and everything because of her and now that's all gone. I mean I still have the job and I like it, but still, the lifestyle and life "rhythm" if you will - gone.

positive spin, your in a place you didn't grow up, if you have a fresh start you can be whoever you want to be, wont be running into "the same old people" who know who and what you are, chin up and start again, get yourself out there!! new you and all that

Go on then .
Who do think will win it?
And how many points will England get .
Me...
Germany and
1 v Panama
I know this isn't the place for this, but - Brazil. I watched most of their matches and Tite is truly a tactical perfectionist/genius.

England I honestly don't care about this time. Gonna go for 4, 3 vs Panama and a silly draw vs. Belgium to hype the tournament up for the inevitable failure.
positive spin, your in a place you didn't grow up, if you have a fresh start you can be whoever you want to be, wont be running into "the same old people" who know who and what you are, chin up and start again, get yourself out there!! new you and all that
I know mate. I'm just giving myself a bit of a rest right now, trying to do whatever happens to come up right at this moment to take my mind off it.

Thanks. x

Nope, at least not for the foreseeable.

I guess, at least, she gave me back the car I gave her as a gift... now I have two, one of which is in the shop rn anyway (a source of frustration for the last 2 months). Good thing? Maybe? Who knows. The way things are going I fully expect the wheels to fall off tomorrow on it too.
Sell it, get rid of all that reminds you of her, and go on a vacation I say!

Hi everyone, it's been a little while since I posted in here so I thought i'd check in.

I've been doing good mostly but did have my first blip in a while earlier this afternoon (or yesterday seeing as this is getting posted in the early hours). It was only a minor one and I shook it off and came back up again quickly after, it's just I overheard something that left me feeling a little bit disappointed but not entirely surprised to be honest.

I've just been trying to live each day as it comes and wait for something exciting to happen but nothing has, things have actually started to get a little bit boring I feel. Still meeting up with friends once a week or so for a drink or even sometimes just a chill but nothing new or exciting really.

I'm worried I may be falling into a bit of a rut again, I hate feeling like nothing will ever change for the better or nothing good will ever come along because I can't picture it.

Not sure how to view things going forward to be honest. Would appreciate some honest advice from anyone who's got any to offer?

Really everyone is doing okay and finding ways to cope with their own problems. :)

Hi everyone, it's been a little while since I posted in here so I thought i'd check in.

I've been doing good mostly but did have my first blip in a while earlier this afternoon (or yesterday seeing as this is getting posted in the early hours). It was only a minor one and I shook it off and came back up again quickly after, it's just I overheard something that left me feeling a little bit disappointed but not entirely surprised to be honest.

I've just been trying to live each day as it comes and wait for something exciting to happen but nothing has, things have actually started to get a little bit boring I feel. Still meeting up with friends once a week or so for a drink or even sometimes just a chill but nothing new or exciting really.

I'm worried I may be falling into a bit of a rut again, I hate feeling like nothing will ever change for the better or nothing good will ever come along because I can't picture it.

Not sure how to view things going forward to be honest. Would appreciate some honest advice from anyone who's got any to offer?

Really everyone is doing okay and finding ways to cope with their own problems. :)

Glad you've been doing well. Every day is 24 hours of opportunity, as I've learned to view it. I wish good things would just fall into my lap but I find that most of the good things that happen in my life I have to work for or work towards. A picture is a snapshot of your life not the entire story. I figure you have to ability to paint your own damn picture that's called life. Fill it with whatever you want. Make it as good as you would like. Now, do some days feel really crap and make it difficult to do that? Do some things happen that mess you up occasionally? Yes. Doesn't change the reality that you have the brush in your hand.

You know what mate, you`ve just described the day to day life of nearly everyone there - a routine.

The problem as I see it now, is that people just tell absolute whoppers on social media and try to make out like they`re having the time of their life, when the reality is some what different.

I`ve always found having something to look forward to, helps with the feelings of being in rut, even if it`s just something small, like looking forward to film that you`ve wanted to see for ages or even the match !

Even people who have got more money than sense feel like this, once they`ve run out of things to buy and do.

Try to look at what`s good in your life, rather than what`s dull x

@Foot Long Hot Dog how are you doing mate?
Still here bud lol.

Thanks for asking. I’m alright at the minute, had a couple of nightmares along the way in the last few months that I won’t bore you with, but I’m sound at the minute, managed to get away on Holiday which was ace, and I’m back at work part time. My condition is stable and my oncologist is chuffed with my progress, so life’s good fella.

Still here bud lol.

Thanks for asking. I’m alright at the minute, had a couple of nightmares along the way in the last few months that I won’t bore you with, but I’m sound at the minute, managed to get away on Holiday which was ace, and I’m back at work part time. My condition is stable and my oncologist is chuffed with my progress, so life’s good fella.

I am a rare visitor to this corner of GOT, but that is just terrific to hear mate.

Keep well mate. ;)

Still here bud lol.

superb mate