Derby betting odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend says to never bet on Everton, because of the double disappointment when we lose. I don’t agree with that though! I’ve bet on us 4 times already this season to win and to win or draw against Spurs. We are 7 out of 7! It won’t last forever, but I’ve made a few £ watching us play and enjoyed it! I think 3/1 on us to win represents fair value, and I will put a few £ on again, and risk the double disappointment! If everybody is fit, I think we have a great chance.

Bookies are probably factoring in the likely refereeing , as it effectively means that we start a goal behind due to a controversial decision / penalty , and also a man behind due to a controversial sending off. That said , I think that we could actually do them this year. Fingers crossed.

10 years ago , incidentally 17th October 2010 when we won 2-0 Arteta & Cahill.
Since then there have been 22 Derbies they have won 11 & 11 were draws.
Abysmal record.

Having a bet ?.....not for me.

Abysmal record.

Three of those wins were cup ties, and a few of the others were dead jammy. Poor refereeing and stupid errors. Pickfords in a game we bossed, for one.

Three of those wins were cup ties, and a few of the others were dead jammy. Poor refereeing and stupid errors. Pickfords in a game we bossed, for one.
Oh i'm well aware of the injustice's we have had mate .
Even when we have been the better team ( Origi / Pickford derby ) plus the poor refereeing something usually conspires to balls it up for us.

There's a reason we aren't favourites in derbies

And I would keep my money in my pocket
I can understand the Everton win being 3-1. But given the last 3, perhaps 4 Goodison derbies have ended in draws I'm surprised the draw is also 3-1

Anyway. I quite like going into the game as underdogs

Just got my bet on, my grandson bets on line, usually better odds than the betting shops, he was quoted 11/4 and another one 29/10, I’ve took the latter one. Told yis the odds would go down.

We were 5/1 before the villa thrashing, they’ve got the devil on their side always remember that when betting against them

Abysmal record.

Funny but what you wrote is a very good reason to bet on Everton to win. And that's why - Gambler's fallacy.
The bookmaker's odds are not the experts' assessment but the majority's assessment. For most people, we are still Everton. And they are still champions. In any case, we will be the first to notice that the trend has changed. I think there are good reasons for the risk.

Funny but what you wrote is a very good reason to bet on Everton to win. And that's why - Gambler's fallacy.
The bookmaker's odds are not the experts' assessment but the majority's assessment. For most people, we are still Everton. And they are still champions. In any case, we will be the first to notice that the trend has changed. I think there are good reasons for the risk.
Fill yer boots mate.

they've had a crap start, but it's not an exaggeration to say they are probably the most formidable club side in the world at the moment, notwithstanding they didn't retain their CL. Add in the fact this excellent side is ALWAYS super motivated when they play us, and the fact they are bouncing back from an embarrassment, and you have all the ingredients for the toughest game of the season. Let's not underestimate what we're up against here, a draw will suit me just fine at this stage of our development.
We are living in a bit of a bubble at the moment, but remember what liverpool can be like. We may find next week that Rodfriguez literallly does not touch the ball for half an hour, such is the nature of the press. I think if we do win, it will be one hell of a struggle, and we will probably be lauding Allen rather than James.

Status
Not open for further replies.