Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really too worried about La liga. Dumfries looks suited to the PL because he has lots of pace and the ability to go up and down the pitch. Pace and athleticism are the most important abilities for a full back these days. They don't have to be brilliant on the ball because they are not expected to always take the ball in tight spaces or play between the lines. Being able to attack space at pace is a key for a full back. They are usually the players with the most open space in front of them.

Aarons is a good player but I doubt we can afford him. I'm not convinced on either of the other names you mentioned. Dest in particular is very inexperienced and I've not seen much that I'm impressed by, although I have only watched him in a couple of CL matches.

The other positive with Dumfries is that he will be available as a wing back and I have a feeling we might see some 3 at the back.

Totally get where you are coming from with this actually

Holding your own in the Premier League requires you to be physically capable, probably above all else to be honest

La Liga is a completely different kettle of fish

You see it all the time where players come to England from the continent and find the pace and physicality of the game here a real issue

Dumfries strikes me as someone who would adapt quite easily on that front, and I think he's a solid player too

We could probably plug him right in, and considering we need to hit the ground running this season that's a BIG selling point IMO

Were going off Southgates opinion?

Would you have taken Godfrey to the euros?

If Aarons was a right back version of Godfrey would you rather have Dumfries?
No, he isn't as good as those who went. He makes too many mistakes currently at centre back.

Godfrey isn't a right back so I don't understand that point. Most people would be happy with Aarons but we can't afford him, so there's no point going on about him.

Dumfries is a good player who would give us much needed energy at full back. He's an ideal age to fit straight into the team and give us 6 or 7 seasons too.

Totally get where you are coming from with this actually

Holding your own in the Premier League requires you to be physically capable, probably above all else to be honest

La Liga is a completely different kettle of fish

You see it all the time where players come to England from the continent and find the pace and physicality of the game here a real issue

Dumfries strikes me as someone who would adapt quite easily on that front, and I think he's a solid player too

We could probably plug him right in, and considering we need to hit the ground running this season that's a BIG selling point IMO
Kyle Walker is proof of this.
He’s an awful ‘footballer’ but a very effective right back in the Premier League.

He looks like he should be playing rugby league for St Helens rather than being on £150k a week at Man City.

Status
Not open for further replies.