Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumfries is no longer PSV's captain or even vice-captain. For those who don't know, he was last season.

Is he finally on his way?

This is the one we really need sorting before the first game of the season. With Gray and Townsend at least we have bodies out wide until Richy is back / new RW is signed but Coleman simply can not start the season as our RB.

Disagree. I think Coleman at the end of the season was performing decently well. Especially when it was only once a week. We can not have Coleman be our starter at RB for the whole season but I do not think it is a complete disaster if he is the starter opening day.

Dumfries is no longer PSV's captain or even vice-captain. For those who don't know, he was last season.

He's probably spat his dummy out and PSV have slapped him down.

They've already agreed to sell him it's just to whom.

Disagree. I think Coleman at the end of the season was performing decently well. Especially when it was only once a week. We can not have Coleman be our starter at RB for the whole season but I do not think it is a complete disaster if he is the starter opening day.
I think your assessment is spot on. We do need someone else, but Coleman could start the season while we sort it out.

I think Dumfries is likely here in the next week or so, PSV are hoping to get as much for him as possible based on the Euros but are likely not getting the interest they want. I think Coleman can do fine as a backup, and Dumfries and a mostly rested Coleman would make a good pair to greatly improve that side.

Could the hold up possibly be because he is probably still on holiday after the Euros? Just thinking that Sancho has clearly signed for United but it still isn't officially confirmed yet.

Probably not but just a thought.

Hopefully someone has 'clicked' that hes not very good...

How much have you actually seen him play? I'll be honest I've only really watched him properly at the Euros and was very impressed but he didn't have to do much defending. Was great going forward though. Maybe we should just buy him as a RM

Alot during one season when Lozano was at PSV and probably a handful of times since then.

For me, hes the polar opposite of Klaasen (who i also didnt rate)...has the physical side but not the technical level.

Thing with him is that hes probably a decent backup right back for a good team. Stays fit, wants to win and probably gets in a Palace or Southampton team aiming for mid table.

I didnt watch the euros and im not amazed that he did well there based on the teams he played against -- though he doesnt seem to have done that for Holland in other games (those were his first international goals) -- looks to me like a bit of a bulldozer for PSV who is going to be found out once he plays in a far more physical league and his athleticism doesnt get him through games as it does in Holland.

Hes not Niasse but hes also not better than average imo.

@Wizard the problem i see at the moment is that theres not many young right backs who arent already at top sides.

Barca need money and Emerson has probably been the best RB in La Liga over the last 2 seasons playing for Betis.

Aarons seems overpriced but makes alot of sense with his pace, age and experience so could be a bit of a sexy pairing with him and Godfrey on the right half of our defence.

Theyre the two Id go for before looking at Benitez' supposed 'database' of players...

My guess would be that Dumfries would be a stopgap for 2 seasons if he joins.

Status
Not open for further replies.