Demba Ba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ba is good for us. We play a lot of balls in the air these days and he's proven a brilliant header of the ball and shown good movement. Not entirely sure on his pace/finishing qualities, but that's what we got Beckford for. He'd fit in well.

Ba is good for us. We play a lot of balls in the air these days and he's proven a brilliant header of the ball and shown good movement. Not entirely sure on his pace/finishing qualities, but that's what we got Beckford for. He'd fit in well.

He's got good enough pace for a big fella. That's what I meant, really. He's no Beckford.

Hypothetically I do like the sound of him and Beckford up top. It gives us height and physicality, but also pace and the ability to stretch defences. I'd love Moyes to go 4-4-2 on a regular basis, but that said, I can't see it happening. He's too conservative.

But in a 4-5-1 Demba Ba has the assets to make something of it. From what I've seen he's quite good at holding the ball and bringing others into play.

Ba and Beckford wouldn't be a good enough partnership for us to take the next step up. I think Defoe and Adebayor are more ambitious targets, especially with us needing to persuade Baines, Rodwell and Fellaini to stay

I'd like Aguero and Messi. Now there's ambitious

Sadly though, there's as much chance of us signing them as there is of us affording either Defoe or Adebayor.

Adebayor would not take a cut from £160'000 a week to join a club that doesn't know how to win things.

His song could be (to the tune of "remember you're a Womble")

When Demba Ba scores one goal
When Demba Ba scores one goal

Repeat to fade

The thing is would he pass a medical at Everton with his knees? Everton must have one of the most stringent medicals and rightly so just remember sean davis failing his but still went on to continue playing!

Supposedly he failed a medical at Stoke when it was all nearly wrapped up, thats when West Ham came in for him, wouldn't think we are in a position to take a gamble, we already have enough injury prone players without adding to the list.

No , no , no , the Bothroyd rumours were bad enough but we would have to actually pay money for this guy , please dont do it Davey .

Haven't we already signed up jay bothroyd? Will we be in the market also for another striker?

Dont think we have signed Bothroyd , if we didnt sign Bothroyd or Ba i would be quite pleased , wouldn surprise me if Moyes wants 2 new front men .

Not a good fit in my opinion. An arrogant mercenary.
Watched him a lot at Hoffenheim. He played good there but refused to play when a PL club showed interest in him.

I'd rather stick with what we have right now.

It midfielders we need
how about seb larson, good right peg, would be great with coleman overlapping from right back

Think he's very overrated at the moment. In his Hoffenheim career he had a terrible chances to goals ratio (remember reading stat about it on Opta), plus he didn't pass a medical at Stoke, which has a good facilities and wasn't desperate to sign a player. I will take their opinion over West Ham. Plus he would be a terrible partnership with Beckford, even if he should do well in 4-5-1.

would be good for us. i hope moyes puts loads of green to the table. my friend who is hammers fan would be fycked, im sure.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.