Demba Ba

Status
Not open for further replies.
It midfielders we need
how about seb larson, good right peg, would be great with coleman overlapping from right back

If Ba is overrated then I have no word for Larsson.
He's not the 'star' we should be looking for imo, nor he is the star most of the people think he is...

*Hope to be actually proven wrong if he signs though. I'd give it a go.

Demba Ba is not good enough for us, end of story, only had a half a season in the prem and despite looking decent he's a similar style to Beckford and we need to be bringing in someone of a different ilk to complement Beckford, that won't be easy though.

His song would clearly not be a song. It would just be 40,000 people bleating like a sheep completely not in sync with eachother. That would be amazing.

Demba Ba is not good enough for us, end of story, only had a half a season in the prem and despite looking decent he's a similar style to Beckford and we need to be bringing in someone of a different ilk to complement Beckford, that won't be easy though.

You clearly haven't seen him then, or you're getting mixed up with someone else.

Beckford isn't strong, but he's quick and likes to play on the shoulder.

Demba Ba is a powerful kind of striker, who (from what I've seen) links up with other players and uses his strength effectively.

Apples and oranges.

not good enough 100 per cent

You clearly haven't seen him then, or you're getting mixed up with someone else.

Beckford isn't strong, but he's quick and likes to play on the shoulder.

Demba Ba is a powerful kind of striker, who (from what I've seen) links up with other players and uses his strength effectively.

Apples and oranges.

Demba Ba' biggest attribute is his pace and ability to get in behind a defender just like Beckford, whilst he may be stronger physically, his playing style is not that of a holding striker who would compliment Beckford, he also lacks intelligence in his play, so he's not someone who you would look to complement Beckford, the man for that job is a fully fit Saha.

Demba Ba' biggest attribute is his pace and ability to get in behind a defender just like Beckford, whilst he may be stronger physically, his playing style is not that of a holding striker who would compliment Beckford, he also lacks intelligence in his play, so he's not someone who you would look to complement Beckford, the man for that job is a fully fit Saha.

From what I've seen of Ba he's brought others into play really well. He's often played in a 4-3-3 alongside Cole and Piquionne I think, and he's looked a really complete striker.

He is not at all like Beckford. He is more like Yakubu. From what I've seen -- I suppose it's possible I've just seen misleading appearances.

From what I've seen of Ba he's brought others into play really well. He's often played in a 4-3-3 alongside Cole and Piquionne I think, and he's looked a really complete striker.

He is not at all like Beckford. He is more like Yakubu. From what I've seen -- I suppose it's possible I've just seen misleading appearances.
You must be getting him confused with Cole, because he's mainly been played in a wide position like Anelka and he's been getting in behind defenses with help from Cole flick-ons, he likes to run with the ball as well not hold it up.

You must be getting him confused with Cole, because he's mainly been played in a wide position like Anelka and he's been getting in behind defenses with help from Cole flick-ons, he likes to run with the ball as well not hold it up.

God no I'm not getting him mixed up with Cole. I'd rather have Heskey than Carlton Cole!

Don't get me wrong, I know what you're on about and I believe he's been playing on the right with Cole central and the other one out left. I've just seen him use his strength well, and leap well, so I'd imagine he could hold up the ball too. From what I've seen he's had great interplay with the other strikers, and that makes me think that he'd be good at playing alongside someone like Beckford.

He looks a complete striker to me, that's all I'm saying. Beckford is not -- you have to play him in a specific role to get him to achieve even 50% of his potential. So we need to be looking at someone who could either play in a 4-5-1, or alongside him in a 4-4-2. Like Saha, as you mention -- Saha has been excellent with Beckford. But obviously Saha can not be depended upon. I personally think Ba could do that, but you seem to disagree. I will say however that I've not heard any better -- realistic -- striker rumours so far. Defoe, for example, is a ludicrous one -- and he is a player who is exactly like Beckford. Albeit with even less strength.

Went to several west ham games this season with a couple of mates who are hammers fans. Ba looked a handful even getting supplied by a woeful midfield. Came on left mid in one game mind and looked terrible, against villa i think.

Would do well getting on the end of baines crosses. He will prob be sold to someone else before we sell yobo, yak and vaughan and have some pennies to spend!

God no I'm not getting him mixed up with Cole. I'd rather have Heskey than Carlton Cole!

Don't get me wrong, I know what you're on about and I believe he's been playing on the right with Cole central and the other one out left. I've just seen him use his strength well, and leap well, so I'd imagine he could hold up the ball too. From what I've seen he's had great interplay with the other strikers, and that makes me think that he'd be good at playing alongside someone like Beckford.

He looks a complete striker to me, that's all I'm saying. Beckford is not -- you have to play him in a specific role to get him to achieve even 50% of his potential. So we need to be looking at someone who could either play in a 4-5-1, or alongside him in a 4-4-2. Like Saha, as you mention -- Saha has been excellent with Beckford. But obviously Saha can not be depended upon. I personally think Ba could do that, but you seem to disagree. I will say however that I've not heard any better -- realistic -- striker rumours so far. Defoe, for example, is a ludicrous one -- and he is a player who is exactly like Beckford. Albeit with even less strength.

i'm just basing my opinion on the few times i've seen him so I can't disagree to strongly with you but what i've said is just an opinion i've gethered from those few viewings i've had

Everton boss David Moyes is said to be closing in on West Ham striker Demba Ba who looks set for a move from Upton Park.

Following their relegation to the Championship the Hammers will struggle to keep hold of their best players and striker Ba looks almost certain to be on the move, despite the fact they are desperate to keep him.

The Senegalese international is reported to have a get out clause which would see him released from his current �35,000 a week contract, if they received offers from a Premier league side following relegation.

Moyes is desperate to add to his striker's at Goodison Park and has been linked with Jay Bothroyd, who is available on a free from Cardiff, but a move for Ba looks to be more likely although he will not have it all his own way.

Sunderland are also thought to be very keen on the player as Steve Bruce looks to add strikers to his front line and is eyeing a cheap deal for Ba.

West Ham got Ba from German side Hoffenheim in January for a deposit of just �500,000, with the rest of the �6m fee based on appearances because of a knee injury.

http://www.setanta.com/ien/Articles/2011/06/02/Moyes-closes-in-on-striker-/gnid-96050/

Some other links out there saying similar things. Would be a good signing if you ask me. I dont think he has ever played 4-5-1 But seems to have everything needed and the fact Hammers only payed 500k they may be willing to part ways because they will get the profit and wont have to pay the add ons. He's on 35,000 a week so should be within out budget.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.