December fixtures, 21 points going

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the month we'll regret and will say "if only we had got more points in those piss easy games in December". I imagine we'll come strong towards the end of a season but will fall 5/10 points short of a decent challenge for 6th.

Weak mentality and lack of belief the reason again.

Pickfords error is the route cause but good teams react. We put in an average performance against Newcastle and a totally abysmal one against Watford. This month will be the difference between challenging for Europe and not, and yet again it's due to soft mentality of our squad.

Weak mentality and lack of belief the reason again.

Pickfords error is the route cause but good teams react. We put in an average performance against Newcastle and a totally abysmal one against Watford. This month will be the difference between challenging for Europe and not, and yet again it's due to soft mentality of our squad.
I don’t disagree with you regarding the weak mentality that pervades Everton teams. But it is important our lads feel like they are part of the family and that there is no pressure on them to perform. Our lads cannot handle even an iota of pressure and so it’s important they are handled with kid gloves.

I think we'll drop to about 13th on the table, which will then relieve any pressure on our lads and we can push back up to challenge for the 7th-10th spot...
In short, Everton's performance is negatively correlated to pressure: high pressure = low performance... and vice versa.
The pressure of being in the top 6 placed waaaay too much pressure on our lads.

Completely agree. As soon as expectations drop and there's little to play for the players will start playing well again.

I don’t disagree with you regarding the weak mentality that pervades Everton teams. But it is important our lads feel like they are part of the family and that there is no pressure on them to perform. Our lads cannot handle even an iota of pressure and so it’s important they are handled with kid gloves.

Absolute BS. Kid gloves? I will not be drawn into the big money they should deal with it cliché. What I will simply say is, that in any job, you have a responsibly and pressure to perform. Even my kids who are in junior school and senior school understand this principle. It's the real frigging world....If they can't handle their jobs, and the expectations of fans, pick another career!

Absolute BS. Kid gloves? I will not be drawn into the big money they should deal with it cliché. What I will simply say is, that in any job, you have a responsibly and pressure to perform. Even my kids who are in junior school and senior school understand this principle. It's the real frigging world....If they can't handle their jobs, and the expectations of fans, pick another career!
In general, I do not disagree with your sentiments mate: but Everton is an outlier case. Our lads crumble under the slightest pressure. They have to be in a gentle, kind, nurturing environment. free of any and all expectation... or else they'll just fold like a cheap deck chair.

In general, I do not disagree with your sentiments mate: but Everton is an outlier case. Our lads crumble under the slightest pressure. They have to be in a gentle, kind, nurturing environment. free of any and all expectation... or else they'll just fold like a cheap deck chair.

My kids old pre-school can offer that kind of environment.

Whats peoples thought on this lot? Was going to title the thread Everton to go unbeaten in December, but that might be asking too much with City away being the obvious stumbling block.
Minimum here has to be 13 points but i would be very happy with 15.... or just 3 on Sunday. The three home games are must wins, Watford for all the moaning about Silva, Newcastle because its Newcastle and be good to beat Spurs

Liverpool - Away
Newcastle - Home
Watford - Home
Man City - Away
Spurs - Home
Burnley - Away
Brighton - Away

REVISED

Liverpool - Away 0
Newcastle - Home 1
Watford - Home 1
Man City - Away 0
Spurs - Home 0
Burnley - Away 1
Brighton - Away 1
Hope for more but we are playing dreadful stuff at the moment, struggling to pass the ball 10 yards

Predictions for February?

H Leicester City
H Bournemouth
A Southampton
A Huddersfield Town

Still playing for 7th at best.........

REVISED

Liverpool - Away 0
Newcastle - Home 1
Watford - Home 1
Man City - Away 0
Spurs - Home 0
Burnley - Away 1
Brighton - Away 1
Hope for more but we are playing dreadful stuff at the moment, struggling to pass the ball 10 yards

Predictions for February?

H Leicester City
H Bournemouth
A Southampton
A Huddersfield Town

Still playing for 7th at best.........

On current form:

Leicester 1
Bournemouth 1
Soton 1
Hudds 1

If we get our mojo back: