December fixtures, 21 points going

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll lose to City and Spurs and draw the 6 PL fixtures following those nailed on losses.(I have us reaching the safety of 40 points at mid April)..
I do however feel we can eke out a hard fought Cup win vs Lincoln. If we get favourable home draws against lower league teams, I feel we can go deep in the Cup. However if we get drawn against decent opposition, I fear our lads will feel the pressure and bottle it. So fingers crossed we get good draws.

We'll lose to City and Spurs and draw the 6 PL fixtures following those nailed on losses.(I have us reaching the safety of 40 points at mid April)..
I do however feel we can eke out a hard fought Cup win vs Lincoln. If we get favourable home draws against lower league teams, I feel we can go deep in the Cup. However if we get drawn against decent opposition, I fear our lads will feel the pressure and bottle it. So fingers crossed we get good draws.

Think we'll smash somebody half decent away in the cup this year, if the draw permits.

You mean after the one game they've leapfrogged us in, they're now considered it as "going away". Jesus christ.

Man Utd next 5

Liverpool A - Tough game
Cardiff A
Huddersfield H
Bournemouth H
Newcastle A

Ours
Man City A
Spurs H
Burnley A - The type of game, lost 2-1 last season, lost 2-1 the season before
Brighton A - Drew there last season, Rooney Pen
Leicester H

They could be 5/6 points ahead of us before we get to Burnley and we`ve lost there for the last 2 seasons. I think they will be going away from us, but lets wait and see....

What are we on right now? 2 PTS?

Literally winning one game and losing all the rest would have been better for us as of this moment. Draws suck in general and only feel boss circumstantially, eg to protect an unbeaten run, or a draw against the run of play last minute etc

Do we ever do well in December/around Christmas

No. No we don't.

We always play like utter teds in December.

Not only is it the bleakest, daylight sapping time of the year, Everton always do their upmost to make it a total misery.

Apart from Martinez first season I cannot remember any sort of momentum around this time of year.

I find just switching off completely is the best solution. I have my own winter break from the football, ready to return to the well for a 3rd round cup exit in January.

points at Christmas

2012/13 (Moyes) 30
2013/14 (Bobby) 34
2014/15 (Bobby) 21
2015/16 (Bobby) 26
2016/17 (Fat Ron) 26
2017/18 (Fat Ron and Fat Sam) 25
2018/19 (Marco) 24*

*assumes we lose to Spurs...which we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.