2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was excellent tonight though.

But yes, he did tire notably after the break. As they all did.

And that was purely down to Schneiderlin going off.

Which is why we're going to massively miss Barry.

I felt a goal was coming just when he was taken off and our performance fell off a cliff from that point on.

There's large spells where I was watching him and he literally does nothing and doesn't offer himself and I'm not sure what he s there for and then suddenly he just pops a lovely pass or ball and you know something up top is ticking in that blonde balding bonce of his.

He's got something for sure and he just needs to show it more regularly I think. A goal would settle him down as well, after all he has been signed to create and bag around 8/10 himself.

I felt a goal was coming just when he was taken off and our performance fell off a cliff from that point on.

There's large spells where I was watching him and he literally does nothing and doesn't offer himself and I'm not sure what he s there for and then suddenly he just pops a lovely pass or ball and you know something up top is ticking in that blonde balding bonce of his.

He's got something for sure and he just needs to show it more regularly I think. A goal would settle him down as well, after all he has been signed to create and bag around 8/10 himself.

If someone with more time/skill than me puts a montage together (complete with dodgy Euro tunes) of his performance tonight, then there's loads to admire.

He made some brilliant runs off the ball out to the wings. His link up play was outstanding. His pressing great.

As you say, the one thing he's lacking at the moment is a goal, but it'll come.

If someone with more time/skill than me puts a montage together (complete with dodgy Euro tunes) of his performance tonight, then there's loads to admire.

He made some brilliant runs off the ball out to the wings. His link up play was outstanding. His pressing great.

As you say, the one thing he's lacking at the moment is a goal, but it'll come.

And it was literally millimetres away tonight

are there stats for players "receiving" miss-placed passes? Was doing my nut the amount of times one of our lads underhit a pass to him. He's definitely got an eye for a through ball and like someone else mentioned, some of his first touch passing is very good. Have a good feeling about Davy.

The amount of work he does off the ball when we're attacking and defending from the front is immense.

I can't wait for him and Sigurdsson to be playing together.

Reactions: gmb
Tonight he was Davy Classen.

Good performance, I think it will get better as the team gels, ill be interested to see what happens when we get more production from the left wing slot when Siggy gets involved.

Reactions: gmb

Status
Not open for further replies.