2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great first half his movement is brilliant off the ball. I'm sure once he gets settled he will be a great signing for us.

From where I was sitting yesterday, he kept making clever runs and dragged the opposition round the pitch with him. I think he may be on another wavelength to the rest of our players as they never seem to twig his runs or pass to him when he wants it. Looks an intelligent player, but possibly being let down by some of his teammates not being so sharp

From where I was sitting yesterday, he kept making clever runs and dragged the opposition round the pitch with him. I think he may be on another wavelength to the rest of our players as they never seem to twig his runs or pass to him when he wants it. Looks an intelligent player, but possibly being let down by some of his teammates not being so sharp
For these reasons, he may be the most of our new boys to settle in fully with the team. But IMO his football intelligence is off the charts, we just need to give him time.

Key part in both goals, should have had n assist for tee'ing Rooney up.

Played really well. As suggested, needs a little time to settle in and perhaps a case of his teammates understanding his play more.

Can see why he fit right into the Ajax philosophy.

What I'm excited by is although we have not played well all pre season and competive games (besides results)

I honestly can't point at a specific new player and say he is going to be a flop, even Martina is pulling his weight, and I hope all our new signings push on to be boss, but a special mention to Keane and Pickford who I believe could be the backbone of this team for a very long time.

Kev was guilty of that all night. Constantly cutting on to his right and when both Klaasan and Baines were making smart runs looking to recieve the ball. I like the look of him and think he'll get if not will be close to double figures this season.

Whenever possible, everything is played on the first touch.
It's so simple but really impressive. As the big man @Eggs reminds us, his first time pass to Rooney where the keeper saved his shot was sublime.
Needs a bit more aggression, a bit more bulk I think.
Baller.

This. There was one time against Ruzemberok where the ball bounced up and he chested it off to Baines. It was so simple, but it started a move off for us where another player might have tried to bring it down and put his foot on the ball.

He might not have the silks of other players in his position at the top 6 clubs but he will use his feet, chest, head, ar*e, whatever it takes to move the ball on quickly and that's going to be a great asset. Especially with someone like Sandro who will hopefully be able to feed off the loose balls and panic that he will cause.

Reminds me of Naismith and Cahill in a way.

It's teams like Palace that Klassen will really come in handy. Liverpool are dying for some quick intelligent passing around the box and they are struggling to break Palace down.

This. There was one time against Ruzemberok where the ball bounced up and he chested it off to Baines. It was so simple, but it started a move off for us where another player might have tried to bring it down and put his foot on the ball.

He might not have the silks of other players in his position at the top 6 clubs but he will use his feet, chest, head, ar*e, whatever it takes to move the ball on quickly and that's going to be a great asset. Especially with someone like Sandro who will hopefully be able to feed off the loose balls and panic that he will cause.

Reminds me of Naismith and Cahill in a way.

I agree with you there mate

Exactly how I saw it, ball to often went to the more "fashionable" players who just aren't as effective as they once were, while this fella was finding the space and playing simple but incisive balls when he got it. He'll be player of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.