Davide Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I just dont go OTT when it comes to us mate, good examples are:

Gomes has a decent game and he's the pre broken anke messiah again despite never influencing a game

Iwobi has an xG 0.1738294 passing therefore he's got potential

Brands is the best DOF in der werld as he wears an armani suit

Davide is top drawer assistant manager despite us not knowing what he actually does and us playing some right gutter football for most of the season.

Well you do go OTT, just the opposite way.

Watch Southampton ping a few balls around and complain they're streets ahead of our club etc.

Haha I just dont go OTT when it comes to us mate, good examples are:

Gomes has a decent game and he's the pre broken anke messiah again despite never influencing a game

Iwobi has an xG 0.1738294 passing therefore he's got potential

Brands is the best DOF in der werld as he wears an armani suit

Davide is top drawer assistant manager despite us not knowing what he actually does and us playing some right gutter football for most of the season.
I think most fans know Gomes is probably finished with us. Iwobi 99% of fans don't rate and want gone, just the odd headcase who thinks he should be the creative 10 we want. I'd say Brands probably has a 50/25/25 split (Decent job, Poor job, Messiah). Only thing we can go off on Davide is what people say about him in the press so no point going OTT just leave him to get on with his job, the buck starts and ends with Carlo

Always think it's impossible for us as fans to know whether a coach is any good or not. The players we get to see every week and so judge them on their performance, the manager is ultimately responsible for what happens on the pitch so we can judge them on that, even a DoF can be assessed on the quality of player brought in, style of play etc. With coaches though, they could be absolutely superb or utterly useless, and we'd never really have any way of knowing. I always think it's a bit odd that people make up their minds that someone is either really good or really bad at coaching without ever actually seeing them do it.

Always think it's impossible for us as fans to know whether a coach is any good or not. The players we get to see every week and so judge them on their performance, the manager is ultimately responsible for what happens on the pitch so we can judge them on that, even a DoF can be assessed on the quality of player brought in, style of play etc. With coaches though, they could be absolutely superb or utterly useless, and we'd never really have any way of knowing. I always think it's a bit odd that people make up their minds that someone is either really good or really bad at coaching without ever actually seeing them do it.
And the criteria people have for deciding, whether he was a good player or not, which makes zero difference and actually most of the top coaches were not top players. Or is he just an Old boy with no qualifications. Most of the old boys still have coaching qualifications. I find it odd as well.

I'll be honest I've not been impressed with the tactical side of things this season so I dont get the love in for Davide (if thats what he helps Carlo with).

We started off playing super stuff but in trying to tighten up the defence we've got nothing going forward now and only defend well largely in a 3-4 CB back 4.

He's entering Marcel Brands territory for me in being hyped up.

I will agree with you to a certain extent but I think there have been some mitigating factors to the set up, at times.

He hit upon a winning solution when we had no full backs and that has swayed the mind set in the more recent games, as well.

Hopefully, we will either see a much more progressive unit soon this season or at least once we have been able to add to the quality we have built in the last window.

Also, he says he Carlo welcomes them challenging him, I don't believe he said anything about winning these debates about tactics, etc.

Also, people saying they don't know what he does exactly?

There is a little clue in his job title, Assistant Manager.

Also, people saying they don't know what he does exactly?

There is a little clue in his job title, Assistant Manager.
Talking from a coaching perspective mate, we don't see any of the coaches in action to be able to definitively say they are good or bad coaches.

Talking from a coaching perspective mate, we don't see any of the coaches in action to be able to definitively say they are good or bad coaches.

My response was to the specific question 'What does he do?'. If we take it literally the answer is very simple, if we take it as a 'is he good at his job' then we definitely do not know either way.

The only way, we as fans, could have any indication is players views, if asked.

It is just the same old, same old from people. It happened/happens with Ferguson and more.

It is the same with Brands, we can only seriously judge them as a team, rather than individuals as we do not have access to the true level of responsibility within the team structure.

So it seems poor Davide has become the accused in the 2021 “frothing at the mouth, angry brigade witch-hunt”.

The attention has gone through most of the first team with the Ancelottis now being prime target

For a club that has won piss all for almost 30 years, our fanbase know a lot about footy and what it takes to win

Status
Not open for further replies.