Starting XI and squad vs Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.

APN_EFC

Player Valuation: £25m
Inappropriate Language
Maybe it's the hope, or maybe i've been binge watching too much Ted Lasso, but every time i see glimpses of training and think about potential I feel like players like Godfrey, Iwobi, McNeil and DCL are just one manager or inspirational 'event' (like scoring a hat-trick, or getting a MoTm award) away from an upward curve, and maybe getting a consistent run of form together. I'm trying my best to accept very low-key or low-budget signings, and in that case, vs Fulham we might see only 2 more signings and 2 promotions from the U21 / Youth:

This team has very little creativity and it's worrying but it also might click and we do something special and we go and win the whole f*** thing. Ahhhh Summer what are you doing to me (again)?

Pickford
Patterson - Tarkowski Brainthwaite Young

Garner Gana Onana
Iwobi
McNeil DCL

Subs
Virginia
Coleman
Myko
Godfrey
Gray
Keane
Doucoure
New Central Striker
New Wide Attacker

Gomes, Holgate, Maupay, Dele Ali have to go surely

Last edited:
Maybe it's the hope, or maybe i've been binge watching too much Ted Lasso, but every time i see glimpses of training and think about potential I feel like players like Godfrey, Iwobi, McNeil and DCL are just one manager or inspirational 'event' (like scoring a hat-trick, or getting a MoTm award) away from an upward curve, and maybe getting a consistent run of form together.
DCL is a run of games away from an upward curve, it’s whether injuries will ever let him.
Godfrey suffers from the fact that he is versatile, Holgate was similar, I don’t believe they have ever been fully coached in one position and ever had a run of games in it. They will both move on and have a decent career at another level.

Heaton
Coleman
Tarkowski
Keane/McQuire
Young
Garner
Doucoure
Iwobi
McNeil
Weghorst
Calvert Lewin

Subs
Virginia
Patterson
Maupay
Mylenko
Gomes
Godfrey
Gueye

Maybe it's the hope, or maybe i've been binge watching too much Ted Lasso, but every time i see glimpses of training and think about potential I feel like players like Godfrey, Iwobi, McNeil and DCL are just one manager or inspirational 'event' (like scoring a hat-trick, or getting a MoTm award) away from an upward curve, and maybe getting a consistent run of form together. I'm trying my best to accept very low-key or low-budget signings, and in that case, vs Fulham we might see only 2 more signings and 2 promotions from the U21 / Youth:

This team has very little creativity and it's worrying but it also might click and we do something special and we go and win the whole f*** thing. Ahhhh Summer what are you doing to me (again)?

Pickford
Patterson - Tarkowski Brainthwaite Young

Garner Gana Onana
Iwobi
McNeil DCL

Subs
Virginia
Coleman
Myko
Godfrey
Gray
Keane
Doucoure
New Central Striker
New Wide Attacker

Gomes, Holgate, Maupay, Dele Ali have to go surely

That team finishes bottom 3, easily.

the-dark-knight-joker.gif

As it stands:

GK - Pickford

RB - Coleman
CB - Tarkowski
CB - Branthwaite
LB - Mykolenko

RW - Iwobi
CM - Doucoure
DM - Gueye
CM - Onana
LW - McNeil

CF - DC-L

Subs:
Virginia
Patterson
Keane
Godfrey
Young
Garner
Gray
Maupay
Cannon

If we sign a more ready made CB to take Branthwaite's spot, I'd be more willing to give Patterson the nod over Coleman.

Mykolenko gets unfair stick at times so I am willing to give him a chance to show he can at least keep a 38 year old Young out of the team.

Preferably we'd have a new winger in over Iwobi, maybe I'd move Iwobi into the midfield 3 and put Onana at the 6.

Hopefully Maupay's spot on the bench is replaced with a new striker, aslo.

We're two injuries from having Lonergan and Maupay as our 'best' goalkeeping and striking options.

Michael Keane is almost certain to be a starter next season, and we have the fantastic fight for a left back starting berth between 38-year-old Ashley Young and the god awful Mykolenko.

Never seen a squad so desperate for 5/6/7 signings to be added to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.