David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting the right manager is crucial. More so than acting instantly.

We can afford to burn a bit more of the season yet. But we can’t afford to get this decision wrong.

I just want some sign that we’re actively pursuing the right candidates.

I know your point and of course more time may give us a chance to get the next decision right and ideally it is a decision we just cant afford to not get right.

However im afraid i just have to disagree as I think more time for this board is unlikely to make the situation better and very likely to make it only much worse, we are poor enough now to enter a vicious circle of poor results lowering confidence, producing further even worse results and making us far less attractive to virtually anyone. The task will only get harder and harder and the candidates prepared to come even if asked fewer and fewer.

Ideally more time would be perfect, unfortunately we just don't have it, the board have scrambled around for long enough and I've no confidence that even given more time would produce anything better.

We need to act now and be extremely pragmatic, looking far more short term and by that i mean just rescuing us this season, than ideally would be the case.

We really are in a perilous position and delaying rather than as it was previously to these last few weeks, being the sensible choice is now for me not a choice at all. I'm afraid the danger is that real and the solution even if not a perfect, total or an ideal one, needs to be now.

The man has no logic in his brain.
  1. Ive never seen a left footed centre half with no right foot on the right with a right footer on the left side of the two.
  2. Add to this playing klassen on the wing which isn't his position.
  3. Consistantly having youth players in the firing line of the fans which can ruin there confidence.
  4. Its also a myth about resting a goalkeeper
The coaching staff look like a bunch of dads at their lads under 10s match on a sunday morning and its not gonna end well if it carries on.

Rant over.

Notice a few of the papers like the Echo running with "what now for Unsworth" and "extended audition failed". Reckon the Southampton game will be his last, I hope so at least.

David Unsworth knows full well he isn't getting the managers job. Unfortunately some recent results means that probably won't be getting a job elsewhere either.

I think that maybe some players are not giving their all at the moment and are waiting to see who will be appointed.

I thought what he said was quite good, he obviously feels very let down and disappointed by their attitudes and sometimes you have to stand up and call it for what it is... Mourinho did this recently at Utd.

What it will do is increase the urgency(if that is possible) of bringing a manager in..... I wonder who will be back in the news tomorrow?

If anything has come of unsworth’s time to shine is he isn’t ready for the big time. Southampton don’t score goals but I bet you they hammer us on Sunday we are terrible in every single sense of the word.
The one good thing to come of tonight is Sandro has finally got a goal to his name hopefully gets a bit of confidence going forward other then that we were W**K

Does anyone remember that bloke at Newcastle who took over a while back as a temporary manager, their biggest fan been there as a coach and lived and breathed the club?

Unfortunately he was desperate and they went into a tailspin, it all ended very badly with the lad practically breaking down in his final presser in tears.

Unsworth now is very much reminding me of that poor lad

Status
Not open for further replies.