David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they thought he'd keep it steady until they hired someone else definitely. I only hope they're close to hiring that someone

I think it was poor form of them to sack Koeman without any plan for a successor in place, or at least that's what it seems like. To be a month down the line with a caretaker manager in charge, getting beat at home 5-1 in Europe doesn't reflect well on the board at all.

As you say though, we desperately need someone to come and give this club a lift.

At this level dealing with the egos and pressure from media, fans and the board.

He has completely screwed ever getting a shot at a top level job for a long time.

He hasn’t stamped any authority onto the team but throw some kids into very high pressure and difficult games when he has experience in the squad that has been overlooked.

He hasn’t addressed any of Koeman’s faults:
Defence
Width
Plan B

We can moan all day about strikers but we don’t make, create or attempt anything positive until we are 1-0 down or usual case of late 2-0 down.

But he has given us 4 points which I hope help in a long season so thanks Rhino but no thanks

Out of his depth.Should never have been put in this positon.Im making the treck on Wednesday.Pray for a manager before then. Before Sunday even better.

I think they thought he'd keep it steady until they hired someone else definitely. I only hope they're close to hiring that someone
They haven't got a clue who they're hiring. They were arrogant to think they could get their man, but it seems nobody is interested. And after every performance like that tonight, it just gets harder. I'm genuinely frightened who we'll have to settle for.

Right now am not sure any player actually wants to be in the team! And I’m being serious

This is them when Unsworth's picking the team for Southampton.

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-23_23-12-51.png
    upload_2017-11-23_23-12-51.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 32
They haven't got a clue who they're hiring. They were arrogant to think they could get their man, but it seems nobody is interested. And after every performance like that tonight, it just gets harder. I'm genuinely frightened who we'll have to settle for.
We can only speculate mate, I believe nothing in the press, full of stories to help bookmakers and stories to spin drama, but if this goes beyond next week without a manager I will start thinking maybe the press are right. For now I can only assume the board thought Unsy would keep us sweet for 5 to 10 games while we find a manager, which obviously has backfired but I do believe we are close to hiring someone if that's the case. But the longer it goes on the less sure of that I'll get.

After the fifth, Unsworth looked at Ebbrell as if to say "never again". Ebbrell was in charge of Tranmere,s youth squad (un 15) three years ago.
It's starting to drive me crazy Senior Larry.

Imagine being a player having to 'look up' to David Unsworth.

He's achieved nothing of note in the game.

We need a winner in charge not this fraud.

Let's take a look into the vaults to see who @Soap thinks is the "winner" we need in charge shall we?

Tony Pulis

Lots of talk about Pulis being favourite to manage us next last hour or so.

Bloke I know who is a bookie reckons it's a done deal and was lined up over international break.

Tone will keep us up, hope it's true.

Sean Dyche

Very happy with Dyche though. Very underrated manager. Will keep us up.

Big Sam

Big Sam will keep our cloggers in the league.

Look, I know most of you hate me (couldn't care less either) but I've been right about everything since the summer.

I said our signings were rubbish. I said that that Koeman overachieved at Saints. I said that Rooney would be a bad idea. I said that Sigurdsson would be a bad idea.

You all called me a Manc/Kopite/whatever but the truth hurts.

Big Sam will keep these horrible set of players in the Premier League. That's our aim now. Not winning trophies or qualifying for the CL but a manager with a plan who knows the league and how to stay in it.

Come on Sam, you're our only hope.

Hmmmmm, what did he think of actual "winner" Thomas Tuchel you may ask?

Everyone on here raved about Koeman and look how that ended.

Tuchel is that 'sexy' name but he hasn't achieved anything in the game of note.

Do not want.

:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.