David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a manager that can come in and immediately recognise that Ashley Williams is finished as a footballer.

He's not the only one - but the one that's causing so much chaos at the back..

Its like having a caretaker teacher in charge of class and the lunatics are running the asylum. Unsworth was never considered for the job and this is probably a sensible decision but it hasnt done him any favours in regards to managing this shower. The management didnt have any plan for a successor which has shown us as arrogant and unprofessional. The players have chucked unsy under a bus though not the other way round. The club will not turn this round until we remove the bad seeds.

Those comments amazingly are aimed at the likes of klassen, sandro vlasic and the like.

It just amazes me that they barely get a chance in the team and because of such a poor performance all round they will be dropped by him until the next Europa game and we do it all again.

That's not a manager talking. The same team minus these 'fringe' players got beat 3-0 against Lyon. I didn't see them getting dropped.

I reckon he'll regret what he's said by the morning. Never nice having watched that and having a microphone shoved in your face. Unsworth has been obsessed with giving these soundbites that he thinks the fans want to hear. Truth is that all we care about is seeing the team win.

Of course it isn't, we can't fix everything now, we can get a competent manager or caretaker though - doing nothing or keeping such a novice in charge any longer, and I really mean any longer is not an option we can even afford to contemplate
Getting the right manager is crucial. More so than acting instantly.

We can afford to burn a bit more of the season yet. But we can’t afford to get this decision wrong.

I just want some sign that we’re actively pursuing the right candidates.

From the interview he clarified he'll be in charge agaisnt Southampton anyway. We all know how that'll play out with no Niasse to save the day again. Need a manager ASAP, really can't say it enough and I'm sure the board know this, I only hope they act on it by next week. We are literally throwing away games.

Just watched the interview and he said it was a chance for players who havent been playing to stake a claim and after we play and conceede in the manner that we did then those players cant complain that they are not in the team.

From the interview he clarified he'll be in charge agaisnt Southampton anyway. We all know how that'll play out with no Niasse to save the day again. Need a manager ASAP, really can't say it enough and I'm sure the board know this, I only hope they act on it by next week. We are literally throwing away games.

I reckon the board sacked Koeman believing Unsworth would come in and steady the ship. I think they're still probably hoping it turns around under him.

I reckon the board sacked Koeman believing Unsworth would come in and steady the ship. I think they're still probably hoping it turns around under him.
I think they thought he'd keep it steady until they hired someone else definitely. I only hope they're close to hiring that someone

Status
Not open for further replies.