Dave "Prenno" Prentice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please avoid personal abuse - warnings will be issued.

I've never met the fella and only ever had one exchange when I made contact in hope they'd give some coverage to the Everton Mishmash project which unfortunately never happened.

Does anyone know who he is replacing? Or is this a new role?

I suppose it depends what his role will be. If he's supposed to be some sort of Director of Comms then i'd be inclined to think he's in over his head and it's another 'jobs for the boys' situation. If he's effectively just going to be working alongside Darren Bentley who they brought in from Burnley recently, then it's not really a big deal and he could legitimately be as well qualified for the job as anyone. Let's just be clear here aswell, whether he's got history of it or not is irrelevant, whoever is on the club's payroll is not going to be openly critical of them so it wouldn't make any difference in that sense.

Please avoid personal abuse - warnings will be issued.

I've never met the fella and only ever had one exchange when I made contact in hope they'd give some coverage to the Everton Mishmash project which unfortunately never happened.

Does anyone know who he is replacing? Or is this a new role?
It seems to be a role that has been unfilled for a while.

Wasn't it Alan Myers job once upon a time?

Nothing like picking a fella to communicate to the fans who has spent the best part of 20 years telling them they have no right to complain about anything.

He backed Benitez to the hilt while simultaneously putting out Bill's message that it was nothing to do with him.

I wouldn't trust a word out of his mouth. He will just be a ventriloquist dummy for Kenwright.

A truly bizarre rumour/appointment if true but not out of the left field bull that Mosh and Bill seem to be pullingng with astounding regularity.

We are a shambolic mess!

Oh yeah Bill, " we are the club that says How would Everton do it" arent we? :rant:
To be fair to Bill I think he was arguing for Moyes and against RB.
I think Bill would support Rooney or Lampard to a lesser degree but Pereira at all.

It seems to be a role that has been unfilled for a while.

Wasn't it Alan Myers job once upon a time?

It was, and I seem to remember him having a bit of a hissy fit when he got told to leave and go Blackburn. He said we would find out what's been going on in due course, but we never did.

north-korea-television-13x-hanbok-ht-jc-180130_20x13_992.png

Aside from the fact that he feels his opinion about Everton is more valid than yours because he's married to Dixie Dean's granddaughter.

He also normally goes completely against what the majority of the fans think and has pretty much supported the clubs failures for the past 27 years.

I'd prefer myers in the role but would ultimately prefer someone completely different with a proven track record .
They could come in with a totally unblemished record and a reputation of being the best in the business and would still be hated within weeks by our fans who seemingly know better than everyone about every aspect of everything known to man.

No matter what role we try and fill, we are on a hiding to nothing.

The worst part about all of this, is its just another reason to make angry people more angry.

DERKER-DERRR !!!

They could come in with a totally unblemished record and a reputation of being the best in the business and would still be hated within weeks by our fans who seemingly know better than everyone about every aspect of everything known to man.

No matter what role we try and fill, we are on a hiding to nothing.

The worst part about all of this, is its just another reason to make angry people more angry.

DERKER-DERRR !!!
It all depends what they achieve. That has to come with the record etc. We've had enough failure, that now we simply can not keep clapping through it and hoping for the best.

As much as it screams jobs for the boys, what are expecting a comms director to legitimately do. Even the best comms director isn’t going to come in and start telling his bosses they don’t know football because as a comms guy, neither do you.

If he is used as the messenger to get stuff to the fans then he has decent media contacts so we might start seeing better comms from the club via more appropriate channels. He might have been behind the messages from DBB or Farhad recently and they just took the idea and messed it up with their crazy views on what is actually happening

Status
Not open for further replies.