Dave "Prenno" Prentice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a living out of telling everyone he's married to Dixies Granddaughter.

If he doesn't privately make jokes about scoring 60 times a season i will eat my and several other people's hats.

My main memory of him is reading absolute nonsense articles that made my blood boil even as a pubeless schoolboy.

I'm not on twitter and dont read the red echo or any of his work. I'd seen enough as a 17yr old to know what his opinion was worth.

If he doesn't privately make jokes about scoring 60 times a season i will eat my and several other people's hats.

My main memory of him is reading absolute nonsense articles that made my blood boil even as a pubeless schoolboy.

I'm not on twitter and dont read the red echo or any of his work. I'd seen enough as a 17yr old to know what his opinion was worth.
Shows the level of his journalism when you consider how long he's been at the Echo... Even the worst of them have gone on to bigger and better things.

With the rumours going around he is going to be named the new Comms Manager I am curious what the opinions are of him amongst the support?

I think he's a Kenwright sycophant personally and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club in an official capacity.

I am not surprised he was missing from today's Echo podcast on Benitez's sacking after he had spent months belittling the support for being against Benitez.
He has fallen in and out of favour with BK.

He was very much in favour of Benitez's appointment.

Undoubtedly a dye in the wool blue would probably do a decent job.

My mate and I had a curry with him on Tottenham court rd the night before the ‘95 cup final. Never met him before or since, he was the mate of a mate who was another journalist at The Echo.

My mate and I had a curry with him on Tottenham court rd the night before the ‘95 cup final. Never met him before or since, he was the mate of a mate who was another journalist at The Echo.

Seems the kind of chap to order a korma and eat all the poppadoms.

Put your trust in people who enjoy the lime pickle is my advice.

If from the pickle they stray, your trust stay away. Words to live by.

Here's a selection of some recent quotes from articles he wrote.

It was a seismic appointment. And some Blues fans railed against the possibility. But those who already knew Benitez thought differently.

A succession of former players all say the same thing about him. He is a coach who challenges his charges. He uses the stick rather than the carrot. But his methods are enormously effective, even if players don't always realise it at the time.

History is repeating itself at Goodison Park, with the maverick, mercurial talents of James Rodriguez, moved on this week by a manager who had also been in charge at Newcastle, but who prefers more prosaic qualities than those offered by the Colombian.

But Rafael Benitez is 100 per cent right.

The only place Rafael Benitez will be told to stick Salomon Rondon, is in a forward line when Calvert-Lewin needs a rest or recovery.

The names immediately started to stack up - quicker than Richarlison could throw a hissy-fit.

Lucas Digne, James Rodriguez, Xabi Alonso, John Terry, Robbie Keane... the cast of cast-offs Rafael Benitez has fallen out with in a colourful, if at times confrontational, career.

But there is also another agenda. If people wanted to seek it out.

Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Pablo Aimar, Marek Hamsik... most recently Demarai Gray.

All players who cite Rafael Benitez as having had a positive influence on their careers. Even if he achieved it in an unconventional way.

But Benitez has shown he can coax the very best out of gifted players at his disposal. Given time.

Just listen to Steven Gerrard.

Amongst the many disturbing scenes at Goodison Park on Wednesday night, the Gwladys Street forcefield was perhaps the most disconcerting.

It was like a scene from the X-Men. The one called Apocalypse, perhaps?

The Gwladys Street End, Everton's spiritual and influential home end, the stand which has the ability to inspire home players and intimidate opposition, the place where the club's most loyal, die-hard fans sit, appeared to have a force field erected in front of it.

….I remember him raising the issue of the Echo using ‘Rafael’, ‘Stevie G’, ‘Carra’ terminology in their articles whilst using ‘Moyes’, Cahill, Arteta etc in reports about us.
I guess in his situation you can only go so far in what you really want to say without putting your own employment on the line,and we all have families to support at the end of the day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.